Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Been on the forum a while and don't see much activity in this area. Would people in the Sacramento area be interested in a Smart get together? Would be interested in meeting some of the owners and checking out their Smarts. Respond to this thread with your interest and if you have any suggestions and I can work to get something set up. Thanks.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try getting in touch with Eddie Steiner at: www.meetup.com/Central-Cal-smarties/salinas. They are not exactly in your area but may be interested in getting together for a meet up. Also get in touch with hihosilver on this website. He is in Sacto.
Hey, thanks for the info. I tried the link, but it doesn't work. I know there are some more folks in the area, anyone interested?

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Hi, I'm interested in a meet up. There are lots of possibilities in the Sac area. I'm in El Dorado Hills. Even a quick evening stop at a Resturant.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, doesn't have to be a huge event. Meeting up at a parking area and getting some food sounds like a great idea. Any other locals? I see more and more, but just not sure they are online.

·
Super Moderator
28,237 Posts
You have to beat the bushes; try smartusainsider.com, post your meet on Facebook, try leaving an introduction card on the windshield, etc. It's mostly like herding cats.... :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
im in the yay area lol.... see a bunch out on the road, but hardly any others wave back... lol... dont think my ED would make it to Sac for a meet up =[

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, glad there is some interest. Might have to take up the idea of placing a note about the forum on some. I am seeing more than usual these days.

How does Sat Aug 2 or Sun Aug 3 sound.

Meet up for some lunch somewhere near a few freeways to make it easy? Truxel exit is near Hwy 80, 5 and 99. Or, Arden Fair mall area is fairly central as well? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd be down for something informal. Arden fair mall isn't a bad location, lots of options for lunch and it's close to the smart dealership, so people from sac should be at least a little familiar :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, so as Aug is approaching, does this Sunday the 3rd work, or would the following Sunday the 10th be better? Even though there are just a few of us, still would be fun.

Please reply with date that works best.

Date: TBD
Parking: TBD (but there are tons of good spots)
Time: 11AM
Lunch: Maybe some Smashburger?

1. JDoggery
2. EDSmarty88
3. purple nori
4. hihosilver

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This Sunday, Aug 3rd at Arden Fair mall at 11am.

I would say parking in the garage by the Macy's since it's going to be a little warm. There should be plenty of spots.

Below is the list so far:

1. JDoggery
2. hihosilver
3. Clown Car

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey from Rancho Cordova. Beep, beep, if you see me around. I'm the Sharp Red edition with the fairy, FERE DST, soon to be 2017 white Cabrio with purple glitter Tridion and my fairy! Would love to meet local Smart owners! I LOVE my baby!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ok, so as Aug is approaching, does this Sunday the 3rd work, or would the following Sunday the 10th be better? Even though there are just a few of us, still would be fun.

Please reply with date that works best.

Date: TBD
Parking: TBD (but there are tons of good spots)
Time: 11AM
Lunch: Maybe some Smashburger?

1. JDoggery
2. EDSmarty88
3. purple nori
4. hihosilver
I live in Petaluma, CA, but very interested. The only problem is we're going to be in Europe from Agust 24th to September 14th. If the dates does conflict with the meet up we can go to the next one.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I live in Petaluma, CA, but very interested. The only problem is we're going to be in Europe from Agust 24th to September 14th. If the dates does conflict with the meet up we can go to the next one.
I guess I replied to an old post, but still interested in a meet up in the SF Bay Area.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts