Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a link to this on smartusainsider.com; if you have a story about your smart's safety features helping you avoid or survive an accident, you can share it at: safeandsmart.com: home :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Went looking today -- might have missed something, but the page has changed completely, and I could no longer find the owner stories.
...Anybody have the inside scoop on where the stories went??

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
Well it has been a while since it went up. It may be down for a redesign. Makes sense to just send folks to smart usa while its being worked on.

·
5,297 Posts
link to the safeandsmart.com site is gone from smartUSA safety pages; all the links....typing it in the url take you to smartUSA; is there something going on?

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
Powers that be will succeed in "her"...um I mean... "their" plan to kill smart. :( First Saturn, next smart, finally the world!! :eek:

·
Red Roller Skate
3,895 Posts
Ok with all the naysayers talking smack about smart safety so they take down the "only" form out there of rebuttal regarding safety.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
It's got to be a server/DNS problem, not a conspiracy. Easy to move a website from one IP to another and forget something. Default action is often to redirect to the main site. I doubt they're redesigning the safeandsmart.com site - typically a company has a beta site ready to just swap out in an instant, not shut down the whole thing for a week.

You have to admit, though, some of the stories they posted weren't the greatest marketing. Some sounded like dumb hicks who wouldn't know a serious crash from a fender bender - which, sadly is likely the case. Maybe trusting the unedited voices of the owners isn't the greatest marketing move.

·
Registered
278 Posts
"Maybe trusting the unedited voices of the owners isn't the greatest marketing move."

I disagree. It's real people telling real stories. I visited the site several times. It's a viable rebuttal to all the rumors and BS.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I'm just saying that the naysayers will use it against the company, i.e. "Look at the stupid people that own it." But yeah, I can see that the people genuinely interested would appreciate the honesty. There's no point in 'converting' the naysayers, but bringing the warm market closer in is a good thing. Get the people who are already curious / interested. Anyone that's prejudging against the car will continue to do that no matter what story's posted.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
Wow so many negative Nellie's on here.

Smart USA has One(1) web guy and a small marketing team. They have just spent the last two weeks getting all the info out about the ED and Nationals.

Give the guy a break. You have no idea what they are up to and speculating only on the negative does not help the brand.
Give it a few days and see what happens, its not like its your job on the line.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts