Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Does anyone know of any salvage yards that handle Smart parts. I need a drivers front fender in green for a 2012 passion. I could buy a new fender and have it painted but I'm a full time RVer and since we are moving all the time it is hard to find a place far enough in advance of where we will be to get it done.
Any suggestions are very welcome.
Thanks
Brad

·
Registered
922 Posts
It really is!

Someone hit my Miata in a parking lot and I needed a passenger side fender. I went through the trouble of buying a generic fender, priming it, and painting it, spending a couple of hundred dollars and probably ten hours in total, to get a body panel that would have been half the cost through car-part, and would have had the OEM paint and would have had better fit. If only I had found out about it earlier in that process.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
861 Posts
that has always been a burr under my saddle.....that insurance companies don't have to put original parts back on. you use a generic part and it usually takes more time to make it fit then if the had gotten an oem part. i argued with them saying now you devalued my car by not using an original part and all they can say is a nonoem part is cheaper and that's the way they do it. this came from STATE FARM who i have used for over 40 years

1 - 7 of 7 Posts