Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 961 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I thought it best to bring the S.D. specific stuff over here so we don't irritate the masses :)

So about that meet-up? What's a good day/time for everyone? I work for myself so no real constraints on my schedule. Let's make a plan!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Ditto .... I work for myself as well so I'm very flexible.
For the numbers in Clairemont - I would say Hungry Stick ... but as a San Diego thing - South Beach Bar and Grill (in OB) has insane fish tacos and really good beer on tap. That would be a bit more neutral for everyone. If you get there say before 6, the crowd isn't bad.
I'd say to jump down there tonight but that would be a bit short notice ... and I suspect people may have plans for the weekend.
How about Sunday evening?
or other suggestions?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi San Diego Smartians!
Does anyone have Udo Kaiser's number? I'd like to give him a call today.

Thanks

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi all,
I spoke with Udo today and he confirmed that the cars won't arrive until the middle of the month. I also asked about the approximate 1000 S.D. rez holders and he confirmed that the number was slightly over 1k. He also said that they would only get 700 cars for 2008.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Thanks Shanna! More info! Udo has my e-mail address and said he would tell me anything new that came up. Also said he was looking over these very forums last week.

roverallover - I don't really see any reason to get together - yet. I'm pretty sure that anything we learn is being shared on these forums.

Now when you (lucky bastards!:)), uh, guys start getting your cars, that is another story!

David

·
Registered
198 Posts
It as strange ratio that only 5 people from the San Diego(1000+ reservations) area are participating on this forum. Hopefully Udo can fill us in on when we all can expect our cars within the next few weeks. SmartShannon did Udo tell you when he expects the reservation list from smart.

·
Registered
968 Posts
It as strange ratio that only 5 people from the San Diego(1000+ reservations) area are participating on this forum. Hopefully Udo can fill us in on when we all can expect our cars within the next few weeks. SmartShannon did Udo tell you when he expects the reservation list from smart.
Perhaps Udo and the smart center could start telling the others on the list (when he has it) to check in here.

·
Registered
277 Posts
My roomie reserved one too - like a lot of people, he's just not that into on-line forums. Figures he'll get the car when he gets it but meanwhile gets to live vicariously through me (I reserved way way before he did).
I think others just don't know about this site. I just stumbled across it in a general search last November.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I know of two others at work who are getting a smart. I talk to one all the time and keep him up to date. He lent me that big smart car book (other threads) for a while. Pretty interesting story on the development of the smart.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bill Rancho Bernardo

Count me in . My number is 1254 . Does anyone have an idea
if this will come in this year ? No confirmation yet .

·
Registered
968 Posts
I have 1217 and confirmed mid December. Last I saw, they were up to around 1233. Everyone who confirmed around my date all got the "second half of 08" e-mail. So I am hoping for around July. Yours will probably end up to be late Aug./Sep.
Unless of course:
1. Smart increases production.
2. Smart diverts EU promised cars to USA.
3. Other unknowns?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Training cars are gone

Bummer ... the 4 cars they had in the showroom are gone. I was hoping to kick the tires tomorrow when they open. I was going to swing by post-surf (around 10 am I figure) ... the sign says they're open at 9 am. Is anyone planning on going by there tomorrow? I can adjust the time if any of you want to meet in-person.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm off tomorrow so 10am would be a good time to meet. Lets hope we can get som info from them on our place in line or vin#.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Are you sure they open tomorrow? I have to be somewhere at 10:00, but I can be there at 9:00. Just to look in.

·
Registered
277 Posts
The last sign I saw said they were open for business on January 2nd. If I'm not mistaken, that's tomorrow ... otherwise I drank a bunch of champagne last night for no reason ... ;-)
Gene_SD - I guess I'll see you there around 10. I don't think I can get there sooner nscaler (unless the surf's really crappy).

1 - 20 of 961 Posts