·
aka 'smart-1'
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Smarts on the Green in San Francisco

Sunday May 1 2011

11AM

It's been a few years since we have had an event in San Francisco,
so how about a Picnic/Get Together on the Marina Green?

Bring a picnic lunch and your lawn chair and enjoy a day on the Green...

·
aka 'smart-1'
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No idea, I think at the time "starlord" put it together, plus the help of three or four other people.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Yes, I was - thanks. So, when does the next one happen? :)
Bob Lord (factor9) from Sacramento took a lot of heat from some Rangers with the National Park Service. He had to fight a large fine from the city for our gathering at Fort Point after the Lombard photo shoot.

Not sure if anyone is ready to take on another gathering of that size.:(

·
aka 'smart-1'
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Two more weeks.....

I plan to park in the middle, near the Statue/Monument.

If the wind is up, I'll put up a few big Kites.

·
aka 'smart-1'
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was down at the park, by the Berkeley Marina, flying today as I do most every Sunday, and it was a two jacket day most of the time. Sun/Clouds and lots of wind.....

·
Registered
64 Posts
:) Still In !! maybe a bit after 11, but not Much... I have the Sublime Green w/ chrome wheels... will be excellent weather, and funn to meet up !! can we park two in each spot ?? if parking is hard to find See you then Rob M.

·
aka 'smart-1'
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll get there a few hours early and rope off as many parking spaces as I can. If worse comes to worse, we can always double up...

I stopped by the SF smart/MB dealership on Tuesday with a few flyers, no one was upstairs, so I left them with the receptionist along with my contact info and she said the brand manager would call me back. I wanted to see if they had any goodies they might like to donate. Well, it's Thursday night, and still no call...:(

Maybe he will show up on Sunday :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts