Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been driving past this place in Mesa (Phoenix metro area) and have seen these cars. Yesterday I stopped by and what I thought was an electric car was actually a Smart Car. They looked nice and then when I saw the price, I went no way. All of the prices were aroound $27,000. Today I looked up this site and found out that this guy is selling "Grey Market" goods. The salesman did tell me that the cars couldn't be taken to a MB dealership due to legal action between Smart Cars and MB. He said for service that I could take it to WalMart!! I guess this is where the "Grey Market" comes in.

They were great looking little cars that looked like the old "bubble" cars of the 50's.

I guess that I will have to wait till the new local dealership opens up :(.

Gordon

·
Registered
53 Posts
One year from now

lets see what he is selling them for next year, after the real American version is available. I bet he is hoping on selling them before then. Actually he has quite a bit of money getting them to the point they are now ready to sell in USA. I also believe these are not the same drivetrain as ones being offered in USA legally

·
Registered
3 Posts
price point?

What are these cars expected to sell for? I read on another smart car website that they were going to sell for between 12 and 17K. Any body know? 27K is a joke.:p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts