Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most clubs disbanded after the initial novelty of owning a weird but cute car wore off. There are still a few clubs around like Southern California.
What a shame they disbanded....since we are now considered orphans it would be nice to see how many of us survived.
Not a club, but at least a physical meeting of a few to chat about our ownership and experiences.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
What a shame they disbanded....since we are now considered orphans it would be nice to see how many of us survived.
Not a club, but at least a physical meeting of a few to chat about our ownership and experiences.
Well realistically Clubs cost at minimum time. Sometimes they cost a little money. If the initiator of the club sells his car and no one in the club wants to take over, the club is dead. If you have a club and you don't have anybody showing up to meetings or get-togethers what's the purpose of keeping it?
You may have more luck checking for clubs on Facebook.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well realistically Clubs cost at minimum time. Sometimes they cost a little money. If the initiator of the club sells his car and no one in the club wants to take over, the club is dead. If you have a club and you don't have anybody showing up to meetings or get-togethers what's the purpose of keeping it?
You may have more luck checking for clubs on Facebook.
Thanks for info....I was not as much concerned about a club as I was just meeting a few who owned or still owns a smart car and swap stories or tips.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I guess I got confused. You obviously know there are other Smart Car owners in the area you have seen them.
You just wanted to communicate with them most obvious way which would be through a club or some type of group and that's what I adressed. As I said before probably Facebook.

·
Super Moderator
29,257 Posts
The great thing about SCoA (and various chapters) is that they are not clubs. Just groups of smart owners with a website and a car in common. :)

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,739 Posts
I have been a member of some type of car club most of my adult life, and that's along time. In starting a new group for a meet up, I have had some flyers printed with what I am looking for and then place a flyer on the windshield of a parked car that meets the requirements. This has worked from MG's to Corvettes and most things in between. The flyers cost very little and it really does work if the car owner has some interest. Give it a try, you might just make some new smart friends.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts