Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 20 of 446 Posts

· Banned
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was tooling down NW 23rd and another Smart came toward me. We honked, waved and smiled. It was great. :D

I've got a feeling there a handful of Portlanders that are going home tonight telling their families "Those Smart cars are everywhere - I saw 2 at lunchtime!" Ha ha. In 11 days since I took delivery it's the 1st I've seen!

Suze

· Registered
87 Posts
There already is one but I can't seem to find it right now. :) Aaahh...here it is....... called Around town sightings. In the General discussion section.
Above is not PNW specific though, right? I saw my first smart on the road Friday, about 4:30 or 5 PM. I was in Woodinville on 131st Ave NE, northbound in the left turn lane waiting for the light to change to go into McClendon’s. A blue/black smart pulled up to the light on the southbound side. My better half saw her first, lots of waving and light flashing as we turned.

· Banned
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I haven't seen ANY other smarts in Portland since the first one on Feb 13. I've been taking to driving by the dealer once a week just to keep the little monster from becoming lonely. ;)

Suze

· Registered
86 Posts
SmartBob - Saw the Hargrove one when I was in the Cherry Hill shop for the sift lever recall a few weeks back. It's their area manager's car. He uses it to run from site to site. My wife first saw it in Deptford at one of their demolition sites. I saw a yellow/black/black in the Shoprite shopping center here in Twp this past Saturday. First one I've seen in the wild.

· Banned
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Saw my twin and a BONUS!

Fantastic - I saw a silver/silver 451 heading west on 26 at Cedar Hills at rush hour. The two people in it were waving and honking and smiling like mad and I was waving and honking and smiling like mad. Great fun! :toot::toot::toot:

About 10 minutes later I saw another smartie, but this one must have been a 450, because it was dark red and black. (not the Tomato Soup red we've all come to love). He was driving east on Science Park and gave me a big wave with his arm stretched way out the window. :D

What a beautiful, fantastic, sunny afternoon! :cool:

Suze

· Registered
87 Posts
Hey Notso…I agreed with you this morning, but you edited it before I got a chance to reply. As much as I enjoyed ATL, KC, oHIo, LA, SD, IN, IA and various other places when I lived there, I now live in the great NorthWest and am more interested in local sightings, issues and things.

Bum-B, and Admin, can we not have individual sighting threads for any area that wants them? I have no heartaches, but (to me anyway) it is a bother to plow through posts from areas I am not interested in. And I don't care who Crushed Phoenix and I don't feel bad for Shaq.

· Registered
87 Posts
AERTAZ!! Excellent idea!!! I'm heading back to my side of the country and promise to never visit you people again. :)

Thanks, wouldn't life be better if everyone stayed where they wanted to be instead of trying to change where they are to some semblance of where they were.

Have a good trip, say "howdy" for me when you go through GA.

· Banned
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, I still intend to post with HUGE enthusium to this thread when I see another smart on the road in my area (Portland, Oregon).

Other people can be as grumpy about it as they want. It won't change me. I'm tired of the negativity and complaints on the forum, as if any little post post was a personal attack. hint: it's not.

Just a happy gal -

Suze

· Registered
219 Posts
We are still waiting - 1225 - but we are, of course, noting the ones we see. Yesterday my wife told me that she seems to see about 1 a day in the Bellevue area. Last Saturday evening we saw a blue Passion going south on highway 9 right at highway 2 in Snohomish. A lady was driving with her husband (?). Appeared a little uncomfortable to me. Maybe it was her first time.

1 - 20 of 446 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.