Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are Smarts all over the San Antonio area! Smartfor2guy and mike-in-sa are seeing them in the neighborhoods. Share your sightings here!

·
Banned
4,244 Posts
There are Smarts all over the San Antonio area! Smartfor2guy and mike-in-sa are seeing them in the neighborhoods. Share your sightings here!

I saw a blue and black cab on NW 2nd and Davis (old town just off Burnside) today. (wink, wink) I think they must have been visiting Saturday Market - yeah... on Sunday. :rolleyes:

Suze

ps - you crack me up, John_H.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stopped at the River Walk in San Antonio yesterday. When I came back to my smart in the pay lot across from Starbucks, I saw a black/black parked along the street with the big lone star front plate. Only the 4th in-the-wild smart on the trip from Oregon so far!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Me and one other guy in our town. Newcastle WY and I thought I saw one in Jackson, have smarts but everyone else has monster trucks! I think my wife wants a Hum Vee or a small Monster truck.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I live in SoCal. Retired, we so don't drive a huge amount. Still, we see one or two a day when we are out.
Just returned from a 1000 mi camping trip to NorCal towing our 451 Smart. We counted 26 Smarts during the two week trip! In addition, we spied a car carrier on the freeway full of Smarts-about 6 of them. They appeared to be used 451 models.
Two of the Smarts we saw were being used as RV tow cars, like ours.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I guess being on the I-5 corridor south of Portland allows us to see them often. I see at least 2 a day while on the road

·
Registered
246 Posts
Going down I-16 the other day from Savannah to Statesboro, I noticed the right lane was backed up and going kind of slow so I got over in the passing lane, finally saw what the cause of the backup was, a pretty big older gentleman driving a hardtop Smart, doing about 60sh on the interstate, he had both hands on the wheel looking straight forward, blew my horn at him but don't think he even noticed, I wonder if it was somebody on this forum....

·
Banned
214 Posts
I have seen one older model parked in front of a real estate business with a custom paint job.

Mid state NY close to the PA border. That's it except for someone I stopped to talk to who was from out of town.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
In my area over the past 5+ years I have seen more that a half dozen 451s that were locally owned. Only one other 453 besides mine in the past 2+ years. The 453 owner lives up the road from me a 1/2 mile and is a second smart owner just like me. There are 3 of us on our road. That’s really unusual for this area. Nearest smart dealer is almost 100 miles away and we are saturated with pickups and SUVs.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Smart sightings in CA

Around SoCal we usually see one or two driving around usual 1/2 hour errands. Some days we see none. Last week one day we saw three on a 20 minute drive. Last fall we drove from SoCal to NoCal above San Francisco towing Smartie behind MOHO.. Over two days we saw twenty three Smarties! Several were on the busy SF freeways- Fast lane usually.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts