Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning on Good Morning America, I heard a commercial talking about "BIG". Looking up, it turned out to be a SMART CAR commercial, touting it's size. WOW...it's beginning! Maybe, soon, people will know what it is on which they are missing out!! :wink:

·
He's not mine
9,614 Posts
Someone here on SCoA suggested 9/20 as a kickoff date. Well, today is the 19th, pretty darn close. You're jpositive it wasn't a local insert in GMA?
Wish I'd seen it. Gotta watch for others. :)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was no dealer mentioned...so I don't think there was any local affiliation. I've been looking for it again because I missed so much. I do recall they showed the Cabriolet in green.

·
17,384 Posts
Grr...I don't like the J-Lo one...LOVE the other Fiat ones, just not the J-Lo one...

Must be something bad with being chased then denting the hood of a new Fiat (which would subsequently be sold to someone without their knowledge of abuse).

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
It probably dosen't even come close to the J-Lo Fiat 500 Commercials I have been seeing every 20 minutes.
Grr...I don't like the J-Lo one...LOVE the other Fiat ones, just not the J-Lo one...

Must be something bad with being chased then denting the hood of a new Fiat (which would subsequently be sold to someone without their knowledge of abuse).
Piss and Moan that's all you folks do

·
17,384 Posts
Heh...Just for other car companies...

(or whenever Penske smart WCovina goes all "smart is ultimate driving machine, not BMW" on us)

643 Posts
Smart is getting it right with this new unbig campaign. I noticed a sponsored google link from smart USA that read "unthink everything you think a car should be" and that's just totally spot on. Whenever I was asked what could be done, input regarding marketing, I always suggested that sometimes there's nothing that can be done until the cultural awareness of Americans is changed.

Sure enough, the new marketing campaigns are going to address that. For the tough customers, expecting big cars but still visiting us for test drives, I would always state that they should throw their expectations of a back seat and a "larger small car" out the window and opt for the smallest car. It works with some, but for some others it won't work because it's literally cultural for Americans to want something larger. That's why over the last 20 years it seems like all the cars we're accustomed to always seem to get bigger bodies with each new generation.

I'm happy the new marketing is going in this direction.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Just saw the commercial. It was on the comedy channel. During the John Stewart show. (6pm one) It was nice to actually see a smart advertisement.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts