Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep

I still own the 06 4-2, still occasionally drove it (before the battery died due to non use). used a trickle charger only to have the emergency break freeze due to non use.

Then due to sitting, Starter ether failed or grounding failed, sat for a couple of years with the plan of getting back to it, never did so I just sold it.

I had a lot of fun and learned a lot with this car and if you check one of my first post as to why I bought this it was because Electric was not practical at that time, this was actually replaced with an I3.

For those who still have the original 450, HAVE fun.

AFM

·
Registered
119 Posts
Never heard of 450 electric Smart car ? Can you elaborate.

There were some leasing deals early on... for Smart electric cars, @ ~ $500/ month expensive. My 2014 Smart ED was mdl 451, leased for 3 yrs. Had lease on car & separate on HV battery.

Replaced by used 2014 BMW I3 w/Rex - range extender ( generator - using 2 cylinder engine, with small 1.9 gallon tank).

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Never heard of 450 electric Smart car ? Can you elaborate.

There were some leasing deals early on... for Smart electric cars, @ ~ $500/ month expensive. My 2014 Smart ED was mdl 451, leased for 3 yrs. Had lease on car & separate on HV battery.

Replaced by used 2014 BMW I3 w/Rex - range extender ( generator - using 2 cylinder engine, with small 1.9 gallon tank).
Janko

The 450 was not electric, I bought the 450 @ the time I did because electric was not practical @ that time (07).
In 2016 it went to "Back Up Car" status because we bought a BMW i3 New Owner

ASM

·
Registered
119 Posts
During Smart Car Convention in Westminster, CO had chance to drive 2014 Smart ED. Placed order for lease on one. After 4 months it arrived but not exact color & 3 spoke steering wheel ordered. Still fine for 3 yrs, 2014 BMW I3 more practical & more range w/Rex ( generator ). No more Smart ED & end of production for I3 after 2020.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts