Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The time has come for me to say goodbye to my loved 2012 Smart Fortwo Passion. This was my second Smart. First was a 2010 Pure. Both were terrific cars and have made me a Smartaholic!

What does that mean? Well... I'm trading on a new 2014 Smart Brabus!! Yay! Now you know what I mean by "Smartaholic". This will be my third Smart and being a Brabus has be dang excited.

I get it this weekend and will post pics once I have it. I'm looking forward to showing it off this Summer during the Watkins Glen meet.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I've had a lot of cars. I always have two cars.

1994 Hyundai Scoupe
1995 Hyundai Elantra
1996 Dodge Neon
1997 Saturn SC2
1999 Acura CL
2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse
2002 Mercury Cougar
2007 Mazda Miata
2005 Suzuki Forenza
2007 Toyota Yaris
2007 Mazda Miata
2008 Scion xB
2009 Toyota Corolla
2009 Mazda Miata
2010 Smart Pure
2010 Suzuki Kizashi
2011 Honda CR-Z
2012 Smart Passion
2014 Hyundai Genesis
and now 2014 Smart Brabus

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The deals are good on Smarts. I was going to hold off until the 2015 model, but not sure when that will even be out, and I don't like to buy first-year models. So when my Smart Center told me they had a Brabus in, I had to have it! It's a white IceShine Brabus. Kind of different with the white Tridion and panels. Very excited to get it.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
..IceShine....the coolest of them all...congrats...welcome to Brabus ride...

Jetfuel...exept for all Silver...

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
Congrats...I look forward to seeing pictures. An all white Brabus should be a stunner. The white is a clean palate for modifications but the white is bold enough to leave as is. I am looking at updating to an almost new '13 but in all black and may be putting my Bee up for sale but not until a deal can be struck after the first of the year.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone. I love Silver too. Heck I've loved all the colors I've had. First one was blue with black tridion, then black with silver tridion, now while on white.

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
The deals are good on Smarts. I was going to hold off until the 2015 model, but not sure when that will even be out, and I don't like to buy first-year models. So when my Smart Center told me they had a Brabus in, I had to have it! It's a white IceShine Brabus. Kind of different with the white Tridion and panels. Very excited to get it.

Looking at your history of buying cars you will have a LONG wait:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Pictures do tell a lot of words, but from what you described, it sounds like you got a really cool Smart. I am a Smart nut myself and still go crazy when i see another one on the road. :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here are some images the dealership sent me. My Smart Center is almost 4 hours from me.

Smart Center of Germantown MD is where I purchase my Smarts. They were the closest dealer back when I purchased my first one. Today there are a few dealers closer, but I really like the staff and I'm comfortable dealing with Germantown.

·
Registered
182 Posts
That smart is mean and clean, it would be nice to be seen in such a thing with that kind of sheen.

Here are some images the dealership sent me. My Smart Center is almost 4 hours from me.

Smart Center of Germantown MD is where I purchase my Smarts. They were the closest dealer back when I purchased my first one. Today there are a few dealers closer, but I really like the staff and I'm comfortable dealing with Germantown.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
The deals are good on Smarts.
Without being too specific, how good are deals these days? I noticed that car pricing isn't often discussed on this forum, and I'd like to know how much of a deal can be had on a Passion coupe/cabrio or special edition model. I'm semi-tempted to get a new smart, also, while waiting for the 2015s. But I haven't even begun to negotiate locally because I don't have any real-world information to go on.

Congrats on your new Brabus! Looks great.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Steve, your best bet would be to call your Smart Center and let them know you are interested in a new Smart and wondered what they could do for you. If you have your current Smart financed, get the payoff and let them know that and the miles you have on it. If you are lucky enough to have a great dealer like mine, they will add in all the possible rebates that are available from Smart, and yes, some are unadvertised. Then they will take whatever discount they can from their pricing and come back with a deal. I never have to haggle with Smart Center of Germantown. I truly feel they find every possible savings. I was not in the market for a new Smart, as I thought I would wait for the new model to come out in a year or so, but with this Brabus and the great deal, it came at the right time.

I received a great discount off MSRP and they also gave me well over KBB, AutoTrader or NADA value for my trade. Gotta love that!

Without being too specific, how good are deals these days? I noticed that car pricing isn't often discussed on this forum, and I'd like to know how much of a deal can be had on a Passion coupe/cabrio or special edition model. I'm semi-tempted to get a new smart, also, while waiting for the 2015s. But I haven't even begun to negotiate locally because I don't have any real-world information to go on.

Congrats on your new Brabus! Looks great.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
Doesn't look like an Iceshine as the seat back inserts don't look white. Nevertheless it is a great looking smart (except it looks like the convertible top is already broken.) :rofl:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's a Brabus Iceshine, so it has the Brabus interior and Brabus wheels. Kind of a mix of the two.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I like the Brabus wheels better. I have the ice shine passion and while the white wheels look great, I'm forever cleaning them from the brake dust. Enjoy your new car!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts