Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, thought I would throw my first post up so the forum "Notice" would go away. :D

I do not yet have a Smart. I have a garage full of muscle cars both old and new. A buddy of mine just picked up an 09 Silver Brabus. What a cool little car. I have started looking and just missed a black one. I haven't convinced myself I need one yet but I am working on it. It would allow us to hang on to our big cars longer and save some gas money too.

Thanks,
Andy

·
17,372 Posts
Welcome from Illinois! The smart isn't a muscle car but it is just as fun (if not more) to drive! :D

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
It is like driving a go-kart with great air conditioning, with a sunroof that you can open and close at any speed or take the side rails off for a complete convertible look and feel, unlike the Fiat. The Brabus drives and feels like a sports car, especially with the sequential automated manual transmission. Use the paddles for the sports car feel and power control.
Tired?... leave it in auto mode and let it get you there without thinking about it.
I don't guess it shows that I love mine, does it? :p

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,970 Posts
:welcome:to the forum, aka The Asylum, where we are all a bit crazy about our smarts and some of us are just crazy.

+1 to what BBBenz said. We love our smarts, yep two cabrios.
I'm pulling for you to get one and find out what the us smart owners know and that is that these little cars are so much fun to drive and they love the open road, both interstate and 2 lane roads. The gas mileage is just a bonus.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Double Smart

Hi, I am a proud owner of two Smarts 2010. I had a 09 for a full year, then decided to buy the other two 2010 and sell my 09. They are for my two college daughters and they love the little cars. I drive a Mini and once in a while I exchange cars with one of them just to fun drive during the day. As a parent, and insurance broker I am very aware of the responsability of the occupants of your cars. Each time a couple of friends plan to go out, my Smart remains home, and that is a hidden but very powerfull asset. The economy in gas, easy parking are assets everyone recognizes. My next one will be a convertible... Someday...

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,091 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :) I've had my 2008 for more than 5 years and nearly 70K miles now and it serves me well. I've been to more places in and because of the smart than any other vehicle I've ever owned.

Check out my YouTube smart videos when you get a chance to see some event photos and video, especially the "Two year ownership" and "2011 Orlando" videos.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome! I just bought a 2013 passion coupe last month and other than a couple of hiccups (which the dealer took care of) at first, I love my little smartie. Even my husband who couldn't figure out why I wanted one is now sold and wants to drive it any chance he can. However, I'm rather possessive of my little car. :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts