Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This just in:
smart center Alexandria, is closing effective June 15, 2011. The team at smart center Alexandria has done a tremendous job launching the brand in the marketplace and we appreciate all their support over the past few years. ...
[list of alternatives: scTysons, scGermantown & scAnnapolis]
Jill Lajdziak
President, smart USA
:(

Add: Mark, Jorge and the crew will still take care of the smart, but not as a full-fledged smart center, no warranty...

·
Registered
166 Posts
yeah that sucks. With Tyson's being so torn up, that is the last place I want to go. I was almost due for my 20K (2008 passion) and safety inspection, so I just made an appointment. Thanks for the heads up on Mark and Jorge and crew. I'll talk to them on Friday. For normal stuff it would be worth using them.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
yeah that sucks. With Tyson's being so torn up, that is the last place I want to go. I was almost due for my 20K (2008 passion) and safety inspection, so I just made an appointment. Thanks for the heads up on Mark and Jorge and crew. I'll talk to them on Friday. For normal stuff it would be worth using them.
For what it is worth the folks at Tysons Corner Smart center will make it worth the while to get work done on your Smart there. I have had both warranty work done at Tysons and maintenance work and they are very good, totally top notch.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Aw, Alexandria is the dealership I've been using. This isn't a surprise since they aren't an MB dealership, but it's still sad.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I am sure the Tyson's dealer is great. I am not far from the Alexandria, so it's a haul with traffic and construction to go to Tysons. I rarely go that way. I'll also be having to inconvenience a friend. Hopefully by next year it'll be better.

·
Registered
379 Posts
This saddens me.

Smart Center Alexandria was MY dealership.
Smart Center Tysons had jerked my chain more than a few times.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Va Bch smartcenter (aka Checkered Flag) had a mercedes division but that didn't matter. they lost their franchise Tysinger Motors does Mercedes and Hyundai yet they get the franchise, sometimes it's just the flip of the coin I guess.:confused:

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just have to report this

scAlexandria was 10 minutes away for me (SW, DC via I-395, 2 exits South, 6 miles). My choice: either Tysons (30 minutes in flowing traffic, 17 miles) or Germantown (45 minutes if traffic's smooth, 31 miles), the latter offers free loaners.

Yesterday I had the car "serviced" at Tysons: fluids checked and topped (they call it a "28 points inspection"), battery check and tires slightly over-inflated to compensate for the upcoming Winter. Bill: $00.00! And a wash to boot.

I can only say: :hat:

·
Registered
166 Posts
I called the old Lindsay number to see if they happened to have smart turn signal bulbs still in stock. Flat out NO. When I was in back in June for my 20K check up they said they would be doing work, but I guess all that changed.

I'll venture to Tyson's on Monday or Tuesday and hopefully get the same good treatment.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I called the old Lindsay number to see if they happened to have smart turn signal bulbs still in stock. Flat out NO. When I was in back in June for my 20K check up they said they would be doing work, but I guess all that changed.

I'll venture to Tyson's on Monday or Tuesday and hopefully get the same good treatment.
FYI, you can also get bulbs from Advantage Auto in the majority of their shops. The one in Annandale in the huge shopping center on the corner of Backlick Road and Braddock Road is the one i go to.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts