Smart Car of America Forum banner

Scanner recomendations

11K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  lemsteraak 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello all: I am looking to purchase a scanner for my 2013 Smart Pure model with a gas engine. Any recommendations would be appreciated, I am looking for one that will clear the wrench symbol after I do an oil change. Thanks

#3 ·
iCarsoft i980 multi-system scanner... Works on Benz, Smart, Sprinter. Had mine for years. Does Trans, ABS and resets air bag codes (for the air-bag in the seat, like when you inadvertently power-on the car with the seat removed from the vehicle), TPMS codes, etc., etc. I've never had to go to a dealer. About $113 on eBay and other sites... You can keep this scanner up to date using software updates available from iCarsoft over the 'net.

#5 ·
For any 450 owners that may come across this thread, be careful what you plug into your OBD port! My UltraGauge v1.0 (works perfectly in my 451 and 453) will make the computers in either of my 450s panic and throw a code for every part they can. Make sure whatever you stick in there is compatible! :) MB star machines can also be found from specialized retailers or if you're feeling lucky, eBay.

#9 ·
YAHOO I finally got it to reset, I just printed out the information that Ironjoey sent me and took it down to the car and after continually trying example 1 and example 2 I got it to reset, I think that it was example 1 that worked but now that I have it printed out and carry it in the car I will eventually see which example works. THANK YOU THANK YOU.

#13 ·
You may have to change "nationality". My little Blue Driver OBDII scanner wouldn't recognize my '05 450 until I changed the nationality from US to Mexico, then it worked fine. Technically the 450 models here in the US are greymarket so the earliest models recognized are the 451. Has anyone tried the ICarSoft MB v3.0? It appears to not only scan and correct codes but will calibrate systems too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.