Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,675 Posts
SCoA - 326 members, REALLY?

I am guessing that low ball membership number may be PAID members only?

Currently this Forum lists 10,171 MEMBERS which compares quite well with the mothership's sUSAi and their 12,501 members.

·
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In reality the SCoA club in Insider was started by the original owner of this site.
SCOA's Page - smart USA insider

the original post on that "group's" page:
Comment by SCOA on June 16, 2008 at 10:02pm
Drop us a comment as you join!
Appears 326 people joined the group since 2008 but the majority came here afterwards and never returned (productively) to Insider.

·
Premium Member
7,675 Posts
In reality the SCoA club in Insider was started by the original owner of this site.

Appears 326 people joined the group since 2008 but the majority came here afterwards and never returned (productively) to Insider.
Thought that the recent acknowledgement by the mothership of the existance of a competing Forum was all new. Sorry bout that, total misunderstanding on my part.

Had no idea that the new post was denoting a (LAME?) SCoA club within sUSAi statistic. Now that LOW number of 326 makes far more sense as I know there are many owners who choose to not play in the sUSAi sandbox.

Thanks for showing me the error of my ways . . . :cool:

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
SCoA - 326 members, REALLY?

I am guessing that low ball membership number may be PAID members only?

Currently this Forum lists 10,171 MEMBERS which compares quite well with the mothership's sUSAi and their 12,501 members.

Actually, if you go to the "forums" page, it list 34,386 members. Way more than sUSAi. Of course I'm sure that's ever person that ever signed up...

I don't visit sUSAi very often. I get a lot more and better info on here. Also, my web sense at work doesn't block this site.:D

·
Premium Member
7,675 Posts
SCoA lists the member count as 10,171+ OR 34,388+ - have no idea which is correct, pick the one you like . . .

·
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thought that the recent acknowledgement by the mothership of the existance of a competing Forum was all new. :cool:
I view DVI highlighting the SCoA club in the featured club section as a supportive acknowledgement for the owners. They do visit here often, unbeknownst to most. :p (so did the Penkse gang :wink:)

Also, the other two selected as featured had 300+ members...despite the age of the club or activity.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts