Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Smart Okole
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha guys, My Passion just crossed over the 80k miles mark and my "service Required" light came on. Also when you put it into gear, the "R" N or D' light flashes. Took it to Mercedes in Maui {They are horrible IMO} and they did the 80k service. The problem is, they cant reset the service light. Manually or with the computer. Any suggestions? :shrug:

·
Registered
370 Posts
By service light do you mean the service reminder light or check engine light?
Aloha guys, My Passion just crossed over the 80k miles mark and my "service Required" light came on. Also when you put it into gear, the "R" N or D' light flashes. Took it to Mercedes in Maui {They are horrible IMO} and they did the 80k service. The problem is, they cant reset the service light. Manually or with the computer. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
11,310 Posts
If we are talking the wrench symbol, then it is a reminder for service and there are a few different ways to reset it depending on the year and software version. It is a timing issue involving pressing the reset button and turning the key on.

Got the indicator to reset on the second attempt by doing the following:
• Switch on the ignition to position 1.
• Select maintenance indicator within 4 sec by double tapping the left instrument cluster button.
• Switch of the ignition to position 0 (off) within 10 sec.
• Push and hold in the instrument cluster button and switch ignition on (start the car).
• Hold the instrument cluster button for another 10sec.
• In that time, the spanner symbol on the LCD will flash and eventually reset.

·
Smart Okole
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tried your trick multiple times and it didn't work. It did set the maintenance counter, but the wrenches and service requred are still there. I even tried to unhook the battery for over an hour to no avail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts