Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I purchased two “beach/yoga” slip on covers to use when my Great Dane rides shotgun. The main reason I ordered these is because one of the reviewers said they were long enough to fit the seats in their Smart.

I’ve debated on ordering these off eBay simply because the front side of the back of my driver seat has a cigarette burn from the previous owner

LUX BLACK FABRIC SEAT COVERS TAILORED FOR SMART CITY COUPE FORTWO

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/261156768779

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. The Ebay covers won't work with the side airbags, but the Autoyouth towel looks interesting. At least it would cover the worn through spot on the seat bottom. Can't figure how the previous owner did that in less than 30K miles.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks. The Ebay covers won't work with the side airbags, but the Autoyouth towel looks interesting. At least it would cover the worn through spot on the seat bottom. Can't figure how the previous owner did that in less than 30K miles.

The eBay ad states they are made to be compatible with the seatbelts and airbags. A lot of the seat covers I’ve looked at feature “tear away” stitching on the sides so the airbags still work. I assumed these were the same, but I may contact the seller to verify. I just haven’t found any other seat covers that look like they’d fit, or look decent installed.

·
Registered
51 Posts

I’ve been pleased with the Amazon covers, and for the price you can’t beat it. No issues with the air bags, they’re machine washable, and easy to install/remove. That’s really why I haven’t given the eBay covers a go

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The eBay ad states they are made to be compatible with the seatbelts and airbags. A lot of the seat covers I’ve looked at feature “tear away” stitching on the sides so the airbags still work. I assumed these were the same, but I may contact the seller to verify. I just haven’t found any other seat covers that look like they’d fit, or look decent installed.
The ad I looked at didn't say that, but I'm sure airbag compatible covers can be found, with the tear-out. I shall comizorate with the wife about choices.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I've got these:

smart car Seat Covers - Neoprene Online Store - smart car Parts and Accessories

I have these seat covers on both of my 451 smarts... They have velcro side flaps that open for the seat airbags. These are ultra high quality -- made from the same material that wetsuits are made from. My first set of seat covers is 10 years old, no issues.

These seat covers can be ordered with options -- like piping color, back pockets, etc. Just make sure that Smart Madness gets your option selections right...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts