Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 451 Smart car is a great little car once you learn how to drive and appreciate the vehicle. One thing I find to be “uncomfortable “ is that you cannot not move the seat laterally back. We all like to sometimes just relax in our cars. Has anyone come up with a solution to this and if so would you be willing to share with others ? Happy motoring

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
You can break some little brackets on the seat hinges. There a few posts, of the procedure on this forum. I’ve never attempted it. Just not a great idea, if you were rear ended. The seats were designed for safety in the position they are.

Check out the posts below. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
The 451 Smart car is a great little car once you learn how to drive and appreciate the vehicle. One thing I find to be “uncomfortable “ is that you cannot not move the seat laterally back. We all like to sometimes just relax in our cars. Has anyone come up with a solution to this and if so would you be willing to share with others ? Happy motoring
I'm glad we spoke. Smark has one solution that may help you out see post above. Good luck with your new car.
I hope you have safe and healthy holidays.
Take care

1 - 4 of 4 Posts