Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, it is an ED, but its a good vid on the production process. You get to see some smarts being made in smartville! It's interesting to know that they seem to be made to classical music in some stages (listen to the background in the factory).

·
Super Moderator
17,697 Posts
Cool...I heard it only takes 3.5 hours to build a smart...

·
Super Moderator
29,352 Posts
Pretty good. Didn't see enough detail on the motor package but did notice a different underbody tray. :)

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
It's interesting to know that they seem to be made to classical music in some stages (listen to the background in the factory).
Hahaha! Yes, not one F-this or F-that or git-er-done to be heard. No death metal or hats on backwards. No skull tattoos, chewing tobacco or my-d16k is bigger than yours. Just orderly, efficient production. Damn those Frenchies!

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Fascinating. It goes to prove the Smart is no go cart compared to what some of the naysaying masses say. I heard it takes an average of two hours to put one of those cars together in the factory.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
So the Batteries still need to go in by hand.

I see they go where the Gas tank used to be. Will that leave us with a 8 Hr charge and 2 hr reserve for a total of 10 Hrs? Wait, how do you measure the charge of that battery. Some one needs to drain it. Weigh it, and refill it so we get real numbers:rolleyes:

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So the Batteries still need to go in by hand.

I see they go where the Gas tank used to be. Will that leave us with a 8 Hr charge and 2 hr reserve for a total of 10 Hrs? Wait, how do you measure the charge of that battery. Some one needs to drain it. Weigh it, and refill it so we get real numbers:rolleyes:
Where is littodevil when you need him?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts