Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to this forum. I decided to join when I was having a hard time finding a simple sun visor to put in my car when it's hot out. I currently live in NC, and the summers here can heat my leather seats to a scorching degree. I can't believe how hard it's been to just find a simple sun shield/visor whatever you want to call it for my dash.

I don't mind buying online, in fact i prefer it. Can someone help please?

Namaste~

.Cerah.

·
Premium Member
11,310 Posts
You could look at a california pop top. It covers just the top portion and people that have them are quite pleased with them. Check with Smart Madness.

·
Super Moderator
29,299 Posts
Hello, I am new to this forum. I decided to join when I was having a hard time finding a simple sun visor to put in my car when it's hot out. I currently live in NC, and the summers here can heat my leather seats to a scorching degree. I can't believe how hard it's been to just find a simple sun shield/visor whatever you want to call it for my dash.

I don't mind buying online, in fact i prefer it. Can someone help please?

Namaste~

.Cerah.
:welcome: to SCoA! Smart Madness should be able to fix you up. :)

smart MADNESS

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
Pop top is your best bet,
These cars are little green houses and the pop top will keep the interior cooler than the outside air. Regular sun Visors still allow a lot of the heat to come inside.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I use Eclipse retractable sunshades on all my cars, but haven't gotten around to ordering one for the smart yet. I might do so in the next few days since they have a 10% off coupon now until April 8. =) I'll post website and coupon if that's allowed here.

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
I use Eclipse retractable sunshades on all my cars, but haven't gotten around to ordering one for the smart yet. I might do so in the next few days since they have a 10% off coupon now until April 8. =) I'll post website and coupon if that's allowed here.
Those ARE nice, but, they still allow the interior to heat up through the glass and don't help with preventing crazing; IMHO of course :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Maybe I'm just lazy, but the California Pop Top seems like a hassle to put on and take off, especially when it's wet. I have the fake roof on my Pure so I don't have to worry about crazing anyway. =)

The Pop Top would be great for those without garages though. The Eclipse is great for trips to the grocery store or somewhere you're just going in for a few minutes.

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
Maybe I'm just lazy, but the California Pop Top seems like a hassle to put on and take off, especially when it's wet. I have the fake roof on my Pure so I don't have to worry about crazing anyway. =)

The Pop Top would be great for those without garages though. The Eclipse is great for trips to the grocery store or somewhere you're just going in for a few minutes.
It IS a little sloppy when it's wet out, but only takes a minute to put on / off :)

I agree, that the Eclipse is exceptional for those quick runs into wherever !!! :p

·
Registered
1,752 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,310 Posts
just took a second look at my Pure, I think my roof is real, not fake...It does get warm inside since I have a Black pure. I just run the A/C and it cools off quickly.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I paid $5 or $7 for a silver one at Walmart. Works great (for 8 months now), not sure why you're having so much trouble finding one? Mine looks like this, does a great job. I'm sure they're at every auto parts store too.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just checked http://www.eclipsesunshades.net/ecsu.htmlEclipseSunshades.net . Unfortunately they don't list one for the smart.

Regards,

Dan
You can just measure the height of your windshield and email them to see if that have one that fits. They're all just different heights for different cars, and you can get them with or without mirror cutouts. Which reminds me, I need to order mine today before the coupon expires. =)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Here's the reply I got from Eclipse:

I received your message and we do have a shade for the Smart Fortwo. The Smart car is listed under the Mercedes section of our site and you can click the following link to place an order online.

Mercedes Eclipse Sunshade Lowest Price & Free Shipping $44.99

All of the Smart cars use the same size shade so you don’t need to worry about specifying that the vehicle is a Fourtwo. Also, a special 25” shade is used for the Smart car and the manufacturer has determined that a cutout isn’t necessary. We’d be happy to provide the users of the forum a discount of 10%. To take advantage of this discount, enter shade10 in the coupon code field at checkout. If you have any other questions or need additional assistance, please feel free to contact me. Thanks and have a great day!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts