Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the kind of post that usually encourages as the song says: Discouraging Words, but I'll ask anyway as this is smart central.
Does anyone have a wrecked smart that they will sell me? I'll pay freight.
I just want one for spare parts-as has been said, those with '08's will do well to have a spare tranny and engine available. I'm not just blowing smoke. A fair offer and fair transport I'll pay. Also '08 or better.
I know most here would like to have one as well. But if you do have one...let me know.

·
Banned
3 Posts
i bought new car from a delearship as new. when i took the carto get an aligment they told that the car had a bent strut and that is why it was pulling to the right. they said that the car had been on an accident. i had never had an accident on that car.

·
Banned
3 Posts
If this book were a person, and had it introduced itself to me, I would have felt exceptionally positive towards it, like a Sim™ with a whole string of ++++ above my head. I love the cover, I love the copy, I love the premise. It makes an excellent first impression.

·
aka 'smart-1'
1,903 Posts
If this book were a person, and had it introduced itself to me, I would have felt exceptionally positive towards it, like a Sim™ with a whole string of ++++ above my head. I love the cover, I love the copy, I love the premise. It makes an excellent first impression.
HiJack :wave:

·
Registered
738 Posts
I was offered $2000.00 to buy a 3/4 cut smart (no front, windshield intact) last month. Tranny and engine in good running condition).

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On some of the salvage sites, smarts are offered for starting (i emphasize) starting price of $200. Some look like they would not end up for much more. Shipping varies for 5-500 dollars seems bout average. One trashed in the front and ok in the back would seem to be a bargain. Most bargains are indeed too good to be true. Does anyone know the "catch" here?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Well, a friend of mine owns a wrecking yard in SoCal and he paid $1000 for a high mile Smart that was in a front end crash. He netted 2.5 k out of the parts. He said at $200 nobody would sell. That it would make no sense with what Mercedes gets for the parts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts