Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to get my oil changed at a place that knows me well and wanted to know if the Smart car can be put on a hydraulic service lift with out damaging it or does it have to be done with a jack?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Yes it can but one has to be extremely careful to place the lift arms under the lift points. The shop that you selected should have a "jacking & Hoisting" guide that shows the lift points. This info. Is also available on All data or Mitchell on Demand.

·
Registered
45 Posts
re

I just recieved 2 original oil filters from MB $30 with shipping and when I'm ready I'm going to buy atop pump and change the oil the easy way and the filter can be reached without jacking the car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK here is what happened and yes I do need some options. I bought my car 11 months ago, used, the car was serviced at the dealer prior to my buying including the oil change. I took my car to another dealer weho I have been doing business with for 18 years and trust and... upon removing the drain plug which mechanic said was over tightened a gasket of sorts came out on plug and can now not be put back since it will not tighten. The place I bought from says not there problem ( which I believe it is ) so my question is has anyone had this happen to them and what did you do? also can a new gasket fix the problem or do I have to get new oil pan? HELP!!! I dont have much money and no credit cards.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts