Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took delivery of this great little car last night. My packet of owner information contained an excellent owner's manual and a booklet for the radio, nothing else. Salesman says they aren't available yet. Is this typical?

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Took delivery of this great little car last night. My packet of owner information contained an excellent owner's manual and a booklet for the radio, nothing else. Salesman says they aren't available yet. Is this typical?
Received eight little booklets if you count the tire warranty paper some came wrapped in a plastic wrap labeled FORTWOKIT2008-1 Smart 08 Owner Lit Kit-1
karl

·
Registered
247 Posts
Included manuals

I picked up my smart in Bloomfield on Jan 23 and received these manuals:

Operator's manual part no. 451-584-00-87 (310 pages)
Quick Guide smart fortwo coupe part no. 451-584-01-87 (20 pages)
Operating Instructions > smart Radio 10 part no. 451-584-31-81 (34 pages)
>> smart USA Warranty 2008 OWG2008 (23 pages)
>> Scheduled Maintenance Guide 2008 SMG2008 (15 pages)
>> smart-1 service Roadside Assistance Program RAB2008 (2 pages/wallet cards)
>> Consumer Information - State Disclosures CIG2008 (29 pages)

Also tire warranty pamphlet

·
Registered
81 Posts
something about the riverside dealer. i only received the owners manual, radio manual & the quick guide. i went back yesterday to get the others and was only given the warranty manual. you would think something like this would be easy.

regards,

ken

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I've been digging for a PDF for months, and have even put a note in my sig on another site about looking for one... nothing yet can be found.

·
Registered
197 Posts

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
:D

Thanks but I got the owners manuals already (thanks Regina):).
What I was referring to is the repair/shop book, which has a greater detail description on how to repair every aspect or the Smart 451. Something a mechanic would need.
we are hijacking this thread others are looking as well none have posted a positive result on the shop manual
karl

·
Registered
197 Posts
Can someone post good links to the smart fortwo 451 manuals? Please
Fredvon4 - These links still work for the owner manuals.
At one time I saw a thread with the Scheduled Maintenance Guide 2008. But I cant find it. I should have downloaded the file then :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have pdf copies of service manual

I have pdf copies of the service manual (when to do it and what to do) for regular scheduled maintenance for US 451. I'll try to post them on our website smartcentersacramento.com but in the meantime just email me [email protected] and I'll get it to you.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have pdf copies of the service manual (when to do it and what to do) for regular scheduled maintenance for US 451. I'll try to post them on our website smartcentersacramento.com but in the meantime just email me [email protected] and I'll get it to you.
Thanks, please do

I don't know why these documents are not posted on the dealer sites. Is not like it has top secret information.:cool:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts