Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Smart Center of Merriam, KS will be open for service for Smart Cars 451 from 8-5 on Friday and 8-12 on Saturday. I will have techs available if any of you need oil changes, tires, etc. Please call us in advance to make an appointment. 913-677-3300

We are ready for emergencies too.

·
Super Moderator
28,442 Posts
Thanks tiger! Sorta kinda related - guy on smartusainsider trying to convince people they need to change transmission oil at 30K miles (might have something to do with him being an Am**il dealer :rolleyes:)

What's the smart USA recommend interval for the change, if any?

Found it - no service interval stated.

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,091 Posts
So, do you have new clutches for 2008 cars available? Mine had trouble with reverse yesterday and I'm hoping the clutch holds up to the trip. Have you had luck replacing clutches out of warranty?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, do you have new clutches for 2008 cars available? Mine had trouble with reverse yesterday and I'm hoping the clutch holds up to the trip. Have you had luck replacing clutches out of warranty?
Smart has us do several test before replacing clutches, it could be a shifter too. So repairs like that will need further testing, and we do not stock the clutches, they are ordered overnight on an as needed basis.

·
Registered
322 Posts
i have a dime stuck in the track of my drivers seat. It inhibits the seat from moving and couldnt share drive time to KC with GF. Anyone have a suggest or willing to assist me?

·
Banned
936 Posts
i have a dime stuck in the track of my drivers seat. It inhibits the seat from moving and couldnt share drive time to KC with GF. Anyone have a suggest or willing to assist me?
can you touch it with the tip of your finger? if so, you might put some gum on your finger and then see if you can get the dime to stick to the gum, lifting it out. worked for me in the past with an old Civic I had.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Telescoping magnet (about the size of your standard tire-pressure gauge) ... handy when accidentally dropping nuts & bolts in tight spaces ...

·
Banned
936 Posts
smart center Merriam....that's great to offer your services to those attending.

THANKS for ALL of your Support!!!! :bigthumbup:

·
Registered
946 Posts
Telescoping magnet (about the size of your standard tire-pressure gauge) ... handy when accidentally dropping nuts & bolts in tight spaces ...
...but not when attempting to pick up United States standard bi-metal coinage, which is made of non-magnetic (or whatever the proper term is for something that cannot be picked up by a magnet) material.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I just had some service done by Tigerwong there on Monday, and it was fabulous!

The Smart Center of Merriam is a great place and they have been tremendous in their support of the Nationals. I am glad they are my servicing dealer.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It was Great to Finally Meet alot of you and to service your Smart Cars during the National. There were a couple of emergency situations, fortunately we had the parts in stock, a shifter replacement, a few tire replacements, and a bunch of oil changes ! The Parade today was alot of fun !

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had to use the service center during Nationals too. Clinton is the best, glad they are my servicing dealer too. Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Took our car for its first service, felt like taking my kid to first day of school... Clint and crew left Little Lice as good as new and spotless too. Thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts