Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I did a search for survey and didn't see this topic so I apologize ahead of time if I missed it.

smart HQ sent me a service survey today asking about my service visit last week.
I took the car in for its 23 month warranty checkup.
My rear hatch had water in it, the transmission often stuck between gears and coasted and the tire pressure monitors would not learn.
I received a new hatch, a shifter assembly that seems to have done the trick (so far) and the light is now off. I also asked for the roof to be looked at and noted as full of checks.

On question #13 you are given a box with 1000 characters available.

This is what I wrote:

"smart is a low priority to the techs, the parts dept and everyone but the smart sales team at this dealership.
The right words are spoken but the follow through is not there, my concerns have not been explored or communicated to the techs in a way that is understood.
Everyone at the dealership shows good intentions when speaking with them but they do not do what they say.
The dealer is not the only one to blame here,
The parts dept. says the system is too hard to use so they save all inquiries for a batch run.
The key coding system is too hard so it takes hours.
A two year warranty is probably the biggest reason there are no sales, without confidence shown by the distributor and manufacturer, customers can't commit to the product.
If smart is to continue to not advertise and depend on word-of-mouth promotion, extending the warranties on all 451 smarts would be the most cost effective way to build up loyalty and exposure. We have done all your work, we now need to be rewarded."

·
Super Moderator
29,099 Posts
Randy, if you're on usainsider you can communicate that directly to Jill Lajdziak on her page. :)

·
Registered
295 Posts
If they extend our warranty, we will have to buy you a beer. Athough, I doubt that will happen, but we can keep our fingers crossed.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Randy , I have been saying the same thing for the past year. They say you can get 300,000 miles on the engine but they only want to stand behind you for the first 2 yrs, If you do the math thats about 280,000 miles short give or take some miles.

The dealer here in Vegas I think will be out of business in a year just for the same reason you spoke of. They look at my car like it's a joke when it's parked in the service bay beside a Bently or a Hummer. If they think I don't notice they are wrong. Now that I see how they are I'm glad I didn't buy my car from them. Let's pray that it gets better.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts