Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
We currently own a 2008 Smart and are thinking of buying one of the 2006 Cabriolets that were imported. Since we are not auto mechanics we want to have a place to take it for service. Does anyone know of a place in the Phoenix Arizona area? I have called Smart Car and Mercedes with no luck.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Lisë

·
Registered
663 Posts
We are Canadian snowbirds that live in the US and Mexico for significant portions of the year. We bring one of our 450 CDI's down every year and decided that we should pre-locate someone who would work on our Baby. We went to Palm Springs Mercedes and talked directly to the service manager and he said he would be happy to work on it if the need arose. He explained that parts were a problem but that he had worked with the Edmonton dealer before to get parts. He also explained that he had no smart qualified diesel tanks and they would do the best they could. He actually had some smart parts on his desk at the time.

By the way, when we originally asked at the service desk they said "no way". Talk to the service manager, he's the guy responsible for the bottom line at the end of the month.

Any foreign car repair shop should also be able to work on it. Parts are readily available through any Canadian Mercedes dealer.

You said you are in Arizona. You may want to jump on the Mexican Smart car forum and see where the nearest service centre is. Maybe Nogales has one, or possiby Heromosillo. Maybe ALSRAC can jump in here with some usefull info here as he is also active on the Mexican board.

Good luck.

·
Registered
663 Posts
On edit, I put up a quick message on the Mexican smart forum to see if there is a centre in Nogales. It would be handy for me as well although I am not sure what experience they have diesels in Mex.

I'll get back to you with any info.

·
Registered
663 Posts
No joy for anything close to you in Mexico. The closest would be TJ. Best to go with a foreign car repair guy. Volkswagwn dealers are use to dealing with diesels...if that is what you have.

Here is the TJ location.

Autoproductos de la Costa, S.A. de C.V.
Distribuidor Autorizado smart
Fray Servando Teresa de Mier 1450
Esq. Padre Kino
Col. Zona Rio, 21090
Tijuana, BCN
(664) 979 7959 al 63

1 - 7 of 7 Posts