Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out the best place to mount a battery disconnect switch in our 2017 Cabrio (Yes it has the DCT). I understand it needs to be on the negative side of the battery since the manual says to always disconnect the negative cable first. There is some kind of a sensor or relay attached to the ground post of the battery. Could someone tell me what the gizmo on the negative post with the two small wires is for? Should the disconnect go between the post and the gizmo or should I leave the gizmo attached to the post and connect the wires for the disconnect switch between the gizmo and the ground cable that goes to the chassis? I'll be installing the baseplate in a few weeks and will try to remember to take pictures and post here.

Also, I notice the pouch that holds my Owners/Service Manuals has a strip of velcro on the back. I'm guessing that is so you can stick it to the carpet behind the seats?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read somewhere that an owner of an older Smart had to bungee cord the steering wheel to keep the front wheels steady. Is anyone who is towing a 453 having that issue? If you do use bungee cords, how long are they and where do you attach them?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts