Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I found an update and did it myself.. I was super excited that it worked. I bought the car yesterday and I have already learned a LOT.. thank you for your response.
Mate how did you manage to update all of this yourself as i would like to update mine, the Tom Tom and the media system because I can’t change the time.
(2015 w453 0.9T)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same issue, I will try to update it using the computer and download the tom-tom online and I will see If this work. But the question, why when I look to a connection, I have a message saying connected see image. The question to whom the car connected, I used to have a car with has phone build in and an internet connection and I have to pay for the ISP provider as I pay for the phone, but I am not sure if smart does that? The previous car has tech support, and I can get internet from the car, but smart do not give internet or WIFI. so, what is this, anyone can tell me, please.
Font Gadget Display device Electric blue Multimedia

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi!
I'm curious about this myself.
I lost my 2011 in a flood in NY almost 3 weeks ago. 💔
I needed something fast & rushed out and bought a 2016.
I cant re-set the clock.
The Tom-Tom system is disabled (no SD card). Is the clock independent of the tomtom settings?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi!
I'm curious about this myself.
I lost my 2011 in a flood in NY almost 3 weeks ago. 💔
I needed something fast & rushed out and bought a 2016.
I cant re-set the clock.
The Tom-Tom system is disabled (no SD card). Is the clock independent of the tomtom settings?
You need SD and you can download the map from Tomtom then the clock will work

·
Registered
2017 453 ForTwo Coupe ED
492 Posts
US Cars don't have an SD slot, but you can do the same with a thumb drive in the USB socket if you have a regular 453 with a TomTom. If your car was previously a Car2Go model, the dealer will have to re-load the standard Smart software, which should have been done when the cars were pulled from service.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue with a 453 I just purchased. How do I know if the software is standard Smart software or the old Car2Go? My GPS seems to work, but I cannot set the clock since it shows as locked. All help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2017 453 ForTwo Coupe ED
492 Posts
If you are locked out and the dealer can't help you with a re-flash, then a new head unit is probably the way to go:

The only issue with head unit replacement, most of the units out there will only replace the basic head unit and not work in cars that have the JBL package.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts