Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the years, I’ve had lots of fun stories about my little smart car. That would have never happen, with any other vehicle, I’ve owned. Here’s a couple of mine. Share you too.

Our Mo-Kan smart car club here, was having a event, in Topeka Kansas. A long I-70 to Topeka, from Kansas City. There is a toll both. I was the first in line to pay the toll, getting off, in Topeka. There was 7 other smart car behind me. The toll keeper, asked if the circus was in town. That we were driving clown cars.

Another story. We had a 4 State smart car meet in Madison County Iowa. All the smart cars were park, outside the town square court house. A older lady asked me if our cars were electric. I told her yes. Just being a smart a$$. I pulled out my iPhone. I had a smart car app, called bring me back. I showed it too her. . I told her, we can charge our little cars though the air. We didn’t need to plug them in. She said that was cool. Then I told her the truth.

We just got out of Restoration Hard Ware. We bought a floor fan there. I was Trying to put the box, in the back of the smart car. The box just barely fit. A guy and his wife were driving by in a large Ford F 350 dual wheel pick up truck. He yelled out the window. I can put your box and car, in the back of my pickup truck. I laughed. Told him, if he did that, I would even get better gas milage. If he hauled me home, with his truck. He laughed.:)

·
17,479 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Well.... one i thought was pretty interesting. Was several years ago, when i still had my 451. A bunch of us from the local Smart club were headed to a car show, driving through this really small town. We came to a stop sign, and there were quite a few of us all in line. I remember there being other cars stopped at the cross-street (think maybe even a fire truck on one side). They all just sat there and waved us on... not wanting to get in the middle of the group. Was pretty awesome.

Another funny bit was we were at another area car show, and Smart USA actually was there (nice trailer with informational video's playing inside it and everything.... think it was even climate controlled to stay cool, which was nice during the hot summer day). At one point, a bunch of us noticed one guy walking by with a HUGE spiky mohawk walking by. We all looked at each other and were like "Dude... we gotta try to get him to sit in a Cabriolet". Wish i still had the picture i took of it... but i can't seem to find it. If i do, i'll post it, but it was quite funny looking.

·
Registered
729 Posts
We were doing another meet for our mid-cal smarties club and my mom and I were driving up 99 to the meeting. I was in my ED and mom was driving my gas smart. I was going fairly slow compared to usually trying to conserve energy.

About 20 minutes after we parked I got a Facebook request to join our page. It was from a mopar guy that I saw pass us a while earlier. He said he saw 2 of our members on the road and wanted to know if we’d be interested in a joint cruise with our 2 clubs. Was kind of cool seeing this SRT guy wanting to cruise with a bunch of smarts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts