Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Banned
4,884 Posts
I thought I saw something like that... maybe off a roadster? I'll tell you what... for the right price, I'd add that to Dracha... that's pretty sweet.

Matt??? Oh Matt????? :D

· Registered
755 Posts
Do the Brabus come with both paddle and button shifters? If not, how did you get the button shifters? BTW, very nice set up you got there. Now where did I drop my jaw? I know it's around here somewhere.
I think those buttons are turn signal buttons... they have them on the new ferrari... and it's not that hard to get button shifters :) put buttons on your current steering wheel and attach the wires to where the shifter switch is located in the steering wheel :)

Larry

· Banned
319 Posts

· Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK, something made from a billet of 6061 aluminum might work. On the image, the paddles don't extend past the underside of the steering wheel spokes. See what i mean? I need them longer.

Let me break it down all the way: When i make a left turn at the light, my right hand is turning the wheel halfway to lock, while my left hand is trying to tap the up paddle directly obstructed by the other hand. i know i know, first reaction is , well why don't you just tap the upshifter with your right hand , genius? Because at that angle the pinky is the closest digit to the paddle and it doesn't bend backwards.

I'd also like one of paddles knurled in the back while the other smooth, to differentiate up and down shifter.

· Banned
319 Posts
OK, something made from a billet of 6061 aluminum might work. On the image, the paddles don't extend past the underside of the steering wheel spokes. See what i mean? I need them longer.

Let me break it down all the way: When i make a left turn at the light, my right hand is turning the wheel halfway to lock, while my left hand is trying to tap the up paddle directly obstructed by the other hand. i know i know, first reaction is , well why don't you just tap the upshifter with your right hand , genius? Because at that angle the pinky is the closest digit to the paddle and it doesn't bend backwards.

I'd also like one of paddles knurled in the back while the other smooth, to differentiate up and down shifter.
Give Billet & Acrylic Fantasies a call, they do make one off parts to your specs.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.