Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When Shifting, it's normal that the car get a little weak?

Hi people, I'm new here and I just have a week with my new 2011 smart.

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
:welcome:

greetings and welcome to our little asylum!

As for the shifting, it takes some getting use to. One of the unique features. I'll let the tranny experts explain it to you as I am sure over the next day or two they will help out!

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
When Shifting, it's normal that the car get a little weak?

Hi people, I'm new here and I just have a week with my new 2011 smart.
Give it 10,000 miles for your brain to make the "Smart" adjustment... Also it will be well broken-in, and engine & tranny will be harmonizing pretty good by then...

·
Registered
141 Posts
By weak do you mean the car is in 5th gear and has no power? If so then you can push the pedal to the kick-down and it will shift to 4th. Now you have some power.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, what Im saying is when the transmision change from one gear to another, its like 2 secs or something, like when you shifting in a regular manual car. But any way I understand now that this car is really manual.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Yes, it's a manual transmission not an automatic! It took me a little to adjust to the timing of the gear changes on our 09 model. Maybe as you drive more you will become more comfortable with yours. Does yours have the paddle shifters or cruise control?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, thanks to all of you for your cooperation. Soon I'll be around with more questions.

I love my smart. I was only curious about. Thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts