Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over here in Britain we mostly drive our smarts with our lights on so that idiots in big vehicles have a better chance of seeing us, wonder what happened with this poor little Renault Cleo and what was going through their mind. :eek:
This is unbelievable, you won't believe what you are seeing :eek:

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
If you look closely you can see the driver in the car keeps hitting his brakes like it will really help stop this thing.

Hey, I think we just found the car we want to be in when we get hit by the semi

·
Registered
126 Posts
wow.. at that point the car's driver need to cut the wheel, floor it, and hope for the best.

My question is, how did the truck driver not hear squealing tires, smell tire smoke, and feel the resistance driving, let alone when he hit the car.

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
wow.. at that point the car's driver need to cut the wheel, floor it, and hope for the best.

My question is, how did the truck driver not hear squealing tires, smell tire smoke, and feel the resistance driving, let alone when he hit the car.
Ever hear of making movies :rolleyes: :p

·
17,363 Posts
I'd like to be in a sideways car going 60+mph while passing traffic... :rofl:

It's cool that nobody got seriously hurt (as we know)

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hehe, just watched Forestacademy's version of the video and a popup advert popped up at the bottom advertising "Driving lessons, 10 for £99".
Somebody for utube has a great sense of humour :D

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Here's a dumb question, assuming that this is real and not another fake video...

IF you were being pushed sideways by a semi, wouldn't you be hitting the horn to get the semi driver's attention? Maybe tap out, ". . . - - - . . ." After all, if he can't see you, he'll know something is up when he keeps hearing you.

Bob Diaz

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
Here's a dumb question, assuming that this is real and not another fake video...

IF you were being pushed sideways by a semi, wouldn't you be hitting the horn to get the semi driver's attention? Maybe tap out, ". . . - - - . . ." After all, if he can't see you, he'll know something is up when he keeps hearing you.

Bob Diaz
I'm thinking every car or truck he passed was Laying on the Horn. And looking at the brake lights on car being pushed, the driver was still thinking hitting the brakes was going to help.

If only he had the state of mind to put it in N and shut off the engine:rolleyes:

·
Registered
341 Posts
It's apparently real. From the BBC:

BBC News - Lorry shunt motorway footage sparks probe
West Yorkshire Police said officers attended the scene after receiving reports of a collision.
A spokesman said: "At the time of our attendance there were no injuries and both vehicles were on the hard shoulder of the motorway.
"As a result, at the time, the incident was treated as a damage only collision.
"However, in light of the new evidence that has come to light we are reinvestigating the collision and the matter has today been passed to our major collision inquiry team and inquiries are ongoing."

1 - 20 of 28 Posts