Smart Car of America Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
3,449 Posts
I believe I found their new site:

Smart car vehicle parts & accessories NJ | Benzel-Busch in Englewood New Jersey

I ordered tons of things from them back in Nov. 2012. It took a while to fill, but they shipped it free. (It came in a box used for a front or rear window to give you the size.) I wish I could have ordered more, they have great pricing, but at that time they could only take orders/payment through their website...)

Sad to say, but they don't want to replace the sideskirts because it was the technician's fault that they fell off. It would have to come out of the dealer's or tech's pocket. (I don't know how they deal with this type of issue.)

· Administrator
30,043 Posts
If they admit it's their fault they have no grounds not to make it right. You can file a complaint with the local BBB and then take them to small claims court if they still refuse to correct their mistake. Let smart USA know what is taking place also. :)

PS - thanks for the website update.

· Registered
8 Posts
Side Skirts Removal and Reinstall Instruction

Anyone else care to chime in with side skirt installation instructions?
Although It's rather simple to remove, but most guys would get the install part wrong because it's not an identical reverse process.

Removal:
1. Remove the two plastic rivets in the rear wheel well with a flat head screw driver
2. Carefully pop the rear end of the skirt outward towards you
3. Slide the skirt towards the rear end of the car, the whole skirt should come off.

Installation:
1. You should see the Five white plastic clips on the car, unscrew them
2. Slide them into the side skirt, make sure they are facing the right direction and it will click if inserted properly.
3. Line up the skirt against the car, hook the front of skirt right next to the front wheel... check carefully all the white clips are lined up against the screws on the car, and just pop them back in.
4. Insert the plastic rivet back and you're done.

· Premium Member
5,764 Posts
I would recommend DIY, so you don't experience the vexation of your spirit from dealing with a less than gracious dealership should you have one of those, and the quality control of DIY lets you know if it was done correctly now and in the future.

· Premium Member
11,314 Posts
There are tabs along the bottom inside edge of the skirts that need to fit in slots under the car. If they are not put in place, you could experience a skirt popping off from strong side winds or car washes with those darn brushes. a good reason to keep a few spare clips and push rivets on hand.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts