Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

·
Vendor
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
235 Posts
"... adds a nice throaty exhaust note that is too obnoxious or loud." Is a word left out? NOT :)

Or - are you targetting the owner that wants their smart to be too obnoxious or loud?

·
Vendor
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"... adds a nice throaty exhaust note that is too obnoxious or loud." Is a word left out? NOT :)

Or - are you targetting the owner that wants their smart to be too obnoxious or loud?
Phillysmart,

Thank you for catching that typo.

Yes the sound is NOT too obnoxious or loud. :)

We have corrected the post.

I have this on my 2013 Cabrio....it has a good tone....so I would say NOT obnoxious... ;)

Thank you for the sound clip Falcon Wing,

Always happy to hear feedback from our customers enjoying their modifications.

If you need any assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

·
Vendor
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The SILA Concepts Performance Exhaust Systems have become one of our most popular performance upgrades for the 451 model smart.

This exhaust in manufactured to high quality standards for many trouble free miles. In addition, this exhaust system offers a higher level of performance over the restrictive factory unit.

To view the full product details on the SILA Concepts Center Exit Exhaust System for your smart 451 please visit the link below:
smart fortwo Performance Exhaust - 451 model - SILA Concepts - Center Exit - SMART MADNESS - Auto Parts and Accessories

·
Registered
363 Posts
Have any pics of what is involved in trimming the valence? How is performance of this compared to the side exit model?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I used a dremmel....just taking a bit off at a time until I got the clearance I wanted. Finished it off with some trim adhesive from the auto parts shop..

·
Vendor
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have any pics of what is involved in trimming the valence? How is performance of this compared to the side exit model?
Hello Shalmaneser,

Thank you for reaching out.

Looks like Falcon Wing did a great job with the photos of what the trimming involves.

As for the performance compared to the side exit model.

Both offer significantly better flow over the factory exhaust.

The center exit will have slightly better flow as it is a flow-through resonator style exhaust system, where as the side exit uses a more traditional muffler with chambers for better performance but keeping the sound more subdued.

Hopefully that helps, If you have any other questions please feel free reach out to us directly at TX (512)982-9393 or CA (562)981-6800 and one of our Team Members will be happy to assist.

Thanks again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts