Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Dont Feed The Trolls ^Mod
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Neon, yet again, I sourced a mini R2D2 Fortwo and its on its way! You guys have me geeking out! LOL! Any suggestions on how to mod it?

·
Registered
776 Posts
No suggestions yet?

I also have the silver blue, and ever since I saw his car, I have been thinking about the 2-tone doors that 2micro4u has. I'm thinkint that painting the lowe half of the door in silver to match the tridion might look nice on the blue.

I'm still looking for a better photo of it, it's the silver/black cabrio, front row, 2nd from right.

Anyone got a pair of blue door skins they'd like to part with for my project?

·
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing yet... But I need to repaint it. I dont like the light blue, and it already hit a wall.

·
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's not the controller, it is the driver!

The car can tolerate a few tweaks that can improve the steering, too.
Im used to the sticks. Forward/back and Left/right. What can I do to tweek it? It likes to turn when it should be going straight.

·
5,297 Posts
Im used to the sticks. Forward/back and Left/right. What can I do to tweek it? It likes to turn when it should be going straight.
I'll have to get some pics; much easier to tweak and see the before and after with pics. It'll be Sunday before I can get to it. Maybe someone can get back to you quicker if you can't wait that long. :p

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Ok, please someone needs to source these things (China) and start a little at home business. I didn't understand the craze initially. Then Neonspinazz presented a video and everyone still talks about these little cars.

How can I get one? Easy to paint?

·
5,297 Posts
Ok, please someone needs to source these things (China) and start a little at home business. I didn't understand the craze initially. Then Neonspinazz presented a video and everyone still talks about these little cars.

How can I get one? Easy to paint?
Some of us still have a few. I plan on taking the ones I have left to the Dells. A little begging may persuade me to ship one.

Easy to paint? Not really. Most paints bleed through. Krylon fusion will work if the paint is removed. Do not use acetone as it will melt the plastic shell of the RC as it removes the paint. It can be completely taken apart. Then you can detail the interior and do the "whatevers" to it.

I still can't find anyone to turbo mine! BARNEY!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts