Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to decide. Having Halos put in the lights. Should I paint the housing flat black, glossy black or a Darker grey color. Car is light siver. Or should I just leave stock color

·
17,350 Posts
Depends. I'm a fan of colour coding. Do you plan on making any other part of the car black? Like the windows (tint), wheels, or panels, etc?

If so, then I'd go for the flat black (gloss could look a little messy?). If not? Then I'd probably keep it stock or paint it a dark gray.

Also, if you do decide to crack open the headlights, you can remove the little amber reflectors and it'll look like the European spec headlights...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends. I'm a fan of colour coding. Do you plan on making any other part of the car black? Like the windows (tint), wheels, or panels, etc?

If so, then I'd go for the flat black (gloss could look a little messy?). If not? Then I'd probably keep it stock or paint it a dark gray.

Also, if you do decide to crack open the headlights, you can remove the little amber reflectors and it'll look like the European spec headlights...

Interior is black and will be tinting windows so flat black sounds best. I instructed oracle to remove the amber reflectors as well. Thanks for the suggestions and info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts