Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been doing these for awhile now---at work, in between tasks I'll just doodle a little bit at a time. ..this particular one took me the better part of a week; one minute here, two minutes there, & it's finally done.

I might also add this is drawn on scrap-paper, with nothing but a pencil, eraser & two office ballpoint pens.. .maybe just cuz these supplies are readily available? Nah, it's because I can't afford Prismacolors yet :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is an amazing drawing!

thanks.!

I can't take full credit---like I did it all by hand. ..I actually trace the outer shape of the car, the wheel wells, windshield placement on one of my breaks & just doodle in all the detail & color while i'm working. makes for a pretty nice "doodle" :)

this was done with nothing but a crappy pencil & two crappy Paper-Mate ballpoint pens. i do these all the time---sometimes I do them all by hand, but this time i didn't. here's a couple graphed free-handers; I drew these back when work was slow:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Tracing is not the end of the world. Some of the worlds greatest artists of all time are thought to have traced the images they painted or drew. If nothing else, it gives you a chance to practice your skills. Now that you have traced a smart...try freehanding one. Good job though!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts