Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have only owned it a couple weeks but it gets attention. Girls want me to roll my window down and tell them about it. Guys like to laugh a bit. I have a few hangers at Chino where I keep some of my airplanes. The guys at Chino instantly bust up at the sight of it.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You should have been around in late 07/early 08. Ah, those were the days….
I can only imagine based on what I get now. The Smart makes people smile. My old Viper got attention and so does my Shelby but this Smart makes people happy. I finally understand what being a Shriner feels like!!!

·
17,380 Posts
Every year I go to the Chicago Auto Show. Up to about 2012 the smart display always gathered more traffic than Ferrari, Jaguar, and even Porsche!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Every year I go to the Chicago Auto Show. Up to about 2012 the smart display always gathered more traffic than Ferrari, Jaguar, and even Porsche!
I think I get it. These Smarts are cool. I'm impressed Green Hornet has 3. Mine was owned by an F104 pilot. I'm thinking pilots like them. They are handy to stuff in hangers being so small. I keep my tugs and forklifts in my hangers also. Here is my cute Clark Tug. Came of an aircraft carrier but will pull a big airplane.

Clark Tug Photo by Nine-0-Nine | Photobucket

·
17,380 Posts
IMO - I liked the smart girls more. They always had some nerdy outgoing girls that had...you know...realistic body proportions. :)

·
17,380 Posts
I think I get it. These Smarts are cool. I'm impressed Green Hornet has 3. Mine was owned by an F104 pilot. I'm thinking pilots like them. They are handy to stuff in hangers being so small. I keep my tugs and forklifts in my hangers also. Here is my cute Clark Tug. Came of an aircraft carrier but will pull a big airplane.

Clark Tug Photo by Nine-0-Nine | Photobucket
We do have a couple more pilots on this board. :)

Some members (Magilly00, 2micro4u, Jetfuel, Barney O, Kermit, to name a few) have 2, 3 and sometimes even more smarts!

I would like at least one example of every smart model and a few of the working concepts. That means I have to obtain a:

1981 Mercedes NAFA Concept
Swatchmobile Concept (both coupe and cabrio)
1997 Fashion Victim Concept
1998-2007 city coupe/fortwo
2002 crossblade (only 2,000 of these were built)
2003 roadster
2006 forfun2
2005 roadster Brabus V6 Bi-Turbo (only ten of these exist)
2005 crosstown concept
2004 forfour
eScooter
eBike
2005 formore Concept
2006 formore production (only one of these are known to exist)
forspeed Concept
forstars Concept
fourjoy Concept
for-us Concept
2010 fortwo cdi
2013 Electric Drive

I'm going to need a bigger garage for my dream smart stable. :)

I want one!!!! :D

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
You should have been around in late 07/early 08. Ah, those were the days….
Yep, I still remember the second day I owned my smart. My oldest boy was 8 at the time. We went to the local movie rental place to get a couple of movies. I pulled in, and we were immediately surrounded by a car load of teenage girls screaming and wanting pictures with us. He didn't "get" girls yet, and I wished I'd had this car in High School when I did "get" girls....:naughty:

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
A couple of years ago we moved from Maine to our new home in Fl. The smart on the road was quite a sight for some… but even more so pulling the trailer with 2 kayaks and 2 bikes. While stuck in traffic on I-84 in Hartford a UPS driver in the next lane carried on a half hour conversation while traveling about 3 mph. Here's a pic while stopping at the relatives on the way.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just ran into a guy at the sandwich shop today that said OMG please say you did not sell the Shelby for that. I said no. But the Smart is fun!!!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I eat there a lot!!! I'm at Planes of Fame a lot also. My banker is on the board of directors of Planes of Fame. Here he is getting ready to take someone up in the P40 ...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts