Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,638 Posts
Great buy on the SiriusXM Stratus 7 satellite radio "enabler" . . .

Note, if you have not done satellite radio before, not all channels are free of advertising and those that are have a very short playlist before replaying.

Also, beware of SiriusXM subscription gorilla sales tactics. "Introductory" months can be quite attractive but don't forget to include connection fee and royalty fees which can add up quickly.

If you have given them your credit card for "renewals" watch for significant increases going forward. As with all subscription services with a "boiler room" customer service group, if you don't like the renewal $$$ number given you by the first operator suggest you may have to cancel and call back later . . .

YMMV, seriously!

Been a subscriber for years but sometimes just say no and wait till they offer a comeback special . . .

·
17,390 Posts
Or you know, you could just plug in your phone, MP3/4 player, iPod, or even flash drive (in newer smarts) and enjoy unlimited on demand music...for free...

Satellite radio made some sense before the smartphone and online streaming age, but nowadays there's little to no use for it...hence why other satradio providers died and XM was absorbed into Sirius...

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
Or you know, you could just plug in your phone, MP3/4 player, iPod, or even flash drive (in newer smarts) and enjoy unlimited on demand music...for free...

Satellite radio made some sense before the smartphone and online streaming age, but nowadays there's little to no use for it...hence why other satradio providers died and XM was absorbed into Sirius...
The only issue with a smart phone. When your out in in the middle of no where.
You lose connection.

·
Premium Member
7,638 Posts
smark is spot on.

When you are road trippin' through the flyover states and many other rural areas (Tail of the Dragon) of these United States streaming to your smart phone can be only a wish.

$atellite will usually bridge that gap.

·
17,390 Posts
I've never had that problem. 95% of the time I feed my music from my flash drive or phone's onboard memory. 4% of the time I'm listening to the radio, and that tiny 1% I'm listening to some streaming service. :D

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
I listen to my Sirius radio most the time. The rest of time to my iPod music. Don't listen to AM/FM, broadcast any more. Sirius is $$$$. Lots of stations. No commercials, or talk. It never cuts out.

·
Premium Member
7,638 Posts
It's all about choices, it wasn't that long ago that this too was a choice . . .

Just ask jetfuel, he probably still has the schematic for one of these babies!

Bob Dylan may have said it best - The Times They Are a-Changin' . . .

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
It's all about choices, it wasn't that long ago that this too was a choice . . .

Just ask jetfuel, he probably still has the schematic for one of these babies!

Bob Dylan may have said it best - The Times They Are a-Changin' . . .
Jet may even have the 45rpm record player in one of his cars.:p

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
They claim the basic music service is 90 bucks. After taxes, add ons, what ever else. 120 bucks a year. Sound quality is not as good as board cast, CD, or the music player. Lots to listen to. Too much! You can drive for hours, with out anything cutting. In fact never.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts