Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
17,343 Posts
Yep...But only when the temperatures hang around 0 degrees or lower with no precipitation. :D Chicago roads in the dead of Winter make for a worrying experience. No, not about yourself, you worry the car might get hurt from those sinkhole sized potholes!

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, you're in Florida...

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
It's even worse when you are stuck for several days driving a Mini Countryman instead of driving smart. Not sure why anyone would spend $40k on a Mini. I do like it more than the current Merc C class but that is not really saying much.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Not even when you are actually driving it.
Driving a smart makes a new man of you. And the first thing that new man wants to do is drive his/her smart.

·
17,343 Posts
"Chicago roads in the dead of Winter make for a worrying experience. "

www.mbblog.de: neuer smart - Fahraufnahmen - YouTube

winter driving ;-)
That's not what I mean. The car has amazing agility on Winter roads. :D

I'm talking about the poor quality of our roads. We don't have potholes, we have craters!!!!! Many of them cannot be avoided as they take an entire lane of space.

Every big hit makes my alignment a tad bit worse. It's fun to drive in the Winter, just worrisome playing pothole dodgeball.

·
Super Moderator
11,208 Posts
The only thing worse than the potholes in the the streets in Minnesota is the ones in the parking lots. My work added speed bumps in the parking lot, they are easier to drive over than the potholes around them. My front mud flaps are slowly wearing down as they scrape every time I go over them.

As for the wanting to go for a drive, 118,000 miles and still got the need for a cruise!!

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
It's even worse when you are stuck for several days driving a Mini Countryman instead of driving smart. Not sure why anyone would spend $40k on a Mini. I do like it more than the current Merc C class but that is not really saying much.
Whoa now...some of us have both. Just bought a Countryman S for my wife with 5K miles for less than $20K. She hauls books for work and grandchildren in safety seats so we need the room. I used to drive a MINI S on track (instructor) and I am surprised at how well the Countryman handles. It will be getting coil overs and non run flat tires and I will not hesitate to drive it hard on track. Had my smart KillerBee on Barber Motorsports Park near Birmingham and it handled better than I had imagined. Almost passed a Corvette driven by a girl student but her instructor told her to pit as opposed to being passed by a smart.
:( (to the instructor)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts