Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I went to work today, I saw six smart cars. Three in Fairfield (all black), one on the highway near Derby (red and black), and one on rt 1 (blue (couldn't make out the tridion since I only saw it from the back.)). One was mine (saw it in the garage) :).

When we went to NY, we only saw one smart car, but a half hour drive, I see six. It seems like CT is being taken over by smart cars.:D

Hope you are all doing well. Have a great day.

·
He's not mine
9,613 Posts
I still go months between sightings. But then, I'm not in Bum-bling-B's neck of the woods very often. There's a hive over there.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Wow - that would be something to see 6 in one day! I see about 2 a week and they're usually the same 2.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This one guy from college drives his smart car past my house ocassionally. He said about 18 of his fellow college buddies also drive smart cars and the professors also drive about 10 more to that number. I wish I remembered where he lived.

One time, I followed a SCOA member into a parking lot on Orange and we had a long talk. Her name on SCOA is gadgetgirl. Rarely visits our site, but was my first time meeting another SCOA member in person.

I was kind of frustrated that I saw all of those smart cars and wasn't driving my smart car. I would have smiled and waved. I was happy though that they were all enjoying theirs.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I HATE when I see another smart when I'm not in mine. It's usually when I'm walking into a store or TO my smart.... or out walking (exercising). I want to do the 4 - 2 wave but I'd look like an idiot:eek:

·
Registered
77 Posts
There's another smart car on my block, and at least one more I see regularly in the town (and that doesn't count the wrapped car for the fix-it company that I see all the time). Do I win!!!!!! *grin*

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes Propsero, you win!

Well just got back home from a family gathering in New Jersey (didn't want to post it as a new thread (wouldn't know where to put this one)) and saw four smart cars (five if you include my own that I was driving). One was a Yellow and Black one on route 34, one was a red and black on the Merritt parkway, one was a Blue and Black smart car on the Merritt parkway, and one was a Yellow and Black heading East on I-287 on the bridge. Fun day going about 85 MPH for about 250 miles with three bars left for gas (started out full). Not bad MPG's and was a fun trip except for bridge traffic.

Did I see anybody on here today? Hope I did...that would be exciting to see another frequent visitor of the asylum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts