Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Invite for all smart cars & a driver with or without a copilot are invited as per past foliage rides.

Northern folks could eat breakfast at the Front Royal, Va Cracker Barrel restaurant at 9AM and will leave at 10:30AM ish to Skyline Drive & drive their way to Rt 33.

Like our friends in the north, the southern folks would eat breakfast at the Exit 94 Waynesboro Cracker Barrel at 9AM, & leave at 10:30AM ish to exit 99 of I-64, Afton, VA for access to Skyline Drive.

Lunch for both north & south folks would meet & eat at 1PM ish at the Log Cabin BBQ https://www.logcabinbarbecue.com on Rt 33 west of Skyline Drive at the bottom of the "hill" and then everyone is free to find their way home.

Mother Nature will tell us in September when the peak is in October. Either 13 or 20 October.

·
Registered
585 Posts
We will try again this year . This time I believe we will join in Front Royal like we should of last year. We enjoyed solo on Skyline drive anyway .

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agreed, we will see who has scheduled and who can show up at Cracker Barrel and go from there. I am hoping Mother Nature will have a lot of eye candy.

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Virginia 2018 Fall Foliage Map has October 15 - 25 as the peak timeframe. That would make Saturday, October 20th as the peak smart weekend.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just by luck of the draw, my wife got a week off starting Oct. 18th, and we plan on driving our Cabrio down the Skyline Drive and Blue Ridge Pkwy. We're from central PA.

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome,

2015 was the last big showing of smarties. Back then we all met at the northern location and went on from there. If a large known quantity was coming from the south we could meet with the ones from the north on route 33.

At this time, I agree for all to meet Saturday, 20 October, at the Cracker Barrel, 15 Riverton Commons Plaza, Front Royal, VA 22630, to leave there at 10:30 ish.

Front Royal Skyline Drive entrance address is: 17157 Skyline Dr, Front Royal, VA 22630.

Swift Run Gap at VA Route 33 would be the exit from Skyline Drive.

Don't forget to fill up, bring your pass or $30.00 per vehicle to get in the park. Click on the Log Cabin link at the beginning thread for directions & a menu.

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
....ok...my bride and I are off that week and are seriously thinking about this event...
...our last smart rally/outing was the April fools...
...and as a bonus Barn Wood Builders and Salvage Dogs tv shows are in WVA in our way there or out of there...

Jetfuel...fingers crossed work don't send me somewhere....

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
....ok...my bride and I are off that week and are seriously thinking about this event...
...our last smart rally/outing was the April fools...
...and as a bonus Barn Wood Builders and Salvage Dogs tv shows are in WVA in our way there or out of there...

Jetfuel...fingers crossed work don't send me somewhere....
Hope to see you there.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Harlem Edition is in. Due to go to the Michigan Fall Smart Car Adventure on Oct 13 so I will get this drive in also and that may be the last run before switching to winter tire set. Should be a beautiful drive see you guys then.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Harlem Edition is in. Due to go to the Michigan Fall Smart Car Adventure on Oct 13 so I will get this drive in also and that may be the last run before switching to winter tire set. Should be a beautiful drive see you guys then.
We are looking forward to the drive also . See you there twcom!

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
News report, a BEAR .... and her cubs have been hanging out around a retirement home in Front Royal for the past several days. They must like playing checkers, watching Wheel of Fortune - and eating green Jello, with little bits of fruit and marshmallow mixed in.

·
Registered
52 Posts
DIRECTION CORRECTION. Traveling south on the Skyline Drive from Front Royal, the first exit would be Thorton Gap, Rt. 211, at approx mile marker 32. Continue south on the Skyline Dr. to reach the Swift Run, Rt. 31 exit, at mm 61, approximate, for exit to lunch. The exit you want is the second, not the first, going south from Front Royal.

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
DIRECTION CORRECTION. Traveling south on the Skyline Drive from Front Royal, the first exit would be Thorton Gap, Rt. 211, at approx mile marker 32. Continue south on the Skyline Dr. to reach the Swift Run, Rt. 31 exit, at mm 61, approximate, for exit to lunch. The exit you want is the second, not the first, going south from Front Royal.
Agreed, thanks, exit at mm 65.7 then on to Route 33 west to the bottom of the "hill". https://www.nps.gov/shen/planyourvisit/maps.htm

1 - 20 of 33 Posts