Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Depending upon what trailer you select, it might be pushing the limits of what I'd want to tow with All Ball, but you may also want to check out this boat: Uncle Buck's Pond Prowler Boat - 10'

Similar in size, capacity, and functionality, but only weighs 130 lbs. and costs more than $2000 less. :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
I chose a 12' Portabote (you might google that), 75 lbs. Harbor Freight boat trailer, U-Haul (Curt) hitch. I never break the Portabote down as it's just too easy to trailer it, load 2-3 people, 4 hp, 4 stroke motor and cruise on down the coast.
Louis

·
17,384 Posts
http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f77/real-smartboat-26948/

Those mini pontoons look fun, just slap a petrol motor on the back and...:D

THIS 290 LB. LIGHTWEIGHT IS ALWAYS READY FOR USE. POWERED BY A GAS OR AS IN PHOTO WITH THE 55 LB. THRUST MINN KOTA MAXIMIZER MOTOR YOU GET UP TO 10 HOUR RUNNING TIME FROM A DEEP CYCLE BATTERY. COMPUTER CHARGER KEEPS THE BATTERY FULL READY TO GO.

WE OFFER LOTS OF STEERING, FENCE AND SEATING OPTIONS!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I still think this one's towable.

Com Pac Yachts Picnic Cat:

Length Overall: 14 ft. 0 in. / 4.27 m
Beam: 6 ft. 6 in. / 1.98 m
Draft, board up: 0 ft. 6 in. / 0.81 m
Draft, board down: 2 ft. 8 in. / 0.15 m
Displacement: 500 lbs. / 227 kg

500 Lbs plus the trailer (couldn't find the all-up weight with trailer in a quick search, but trailers for boats this size run about 325-350#). Still comes out under 1000 Lbs, but not by much. Probably fine if the water's nearby, but wouldn't want to go far on the highway with that rig.
Steep launch ramps would be unkind to the clutch... I'd seriously consider parking at the top of the ramp and using a winch to pull the trailer back up the ramp when recovering the boat.

-Rusty
'09 passion coupe (blue/black)
Want one of these, or a CP Sun Cat, eventually.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts