Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Exactly. People think of the short-term more than the long-term. Gas prices go down, people consider buying larger vehicles since it doesn't seem like it'll cost that much to fill them. When gas prices INEVITABLY go back up, they start regretting that decision in a hurry. lol

·
He's not mine
9,617 Posts
This is great news for people who want to buy a new small car! That is, unless the object of their desire is a new smart fortwo. The new 453 design surely won't hurt, according to the article (and common sense).

If I were in the market, I'd still be looking for a small car. Personal taste. Don't want no ginormous land going ship to carry myself and a couple bags of groceries.

It seems comical to me, to focus attention on the people inside those beasts. The puny little humans inside look like little children.

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
Small crossovers are the new rage now. Utility, with all-wheel-drive. A small package, that gets great gas mileage. Seats 4 people comfortable.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Hard to sell what you don't have.....spent 3 hours and $539 at smartcenter Charleston....today.... for updates to software that used to be free. They have a smart showroom full of MB's..... not a single smart in sight. Not one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I totally agree with you guys. Gas prices are never stagnant and are able to change with immediate effect out of a sudden. If you decide on buying a bigger vehicle, then you should be prepared to fork out a big sum on gas as well regardless of the economical outlook.

·
Super Moderator
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,784 Posts
.....spent 3 hours and $539 at smartcenter Charleston....today.... for updates to software that used to be free.
FREE and M-B smart Center can't be used in the same sentence. :shrug:

A couple EARLY 2008-09 tranny related updates were gratis but your "3 hours and $539" experience would suggest more than just software updates?

My experience is that even though a mothership VIN # search should list "current" software loaded, the $tar Diagnostic$ computer is usually utilized and they won't plug and play for free . . .

·
Banned
844 Posts
FREE and M-B smart Center can't be used in the same sentence. :shrug:

A couple EARLY 2008-09 tranny related updates were gratis but your "3 hours and $539" experience would suggest more than just software updates?

My experience is that even though a mothership VIN # search should list "current" software loaded, the $tar Diagnostic$ computer is usually utilized and they won't plug and play for free . . .
my front springs went out last august, $750, my tranny needed a reflash (hard to get to reverse) add $150. reflash/updates should be FREE, it's a manufacturing ERROR and should be a FREE FIX.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts