Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my old smart is sold, and the new one doesn't have a hitch, and the Gold Wing is sold, time to sell off the trailer. Used a few times camping with the motorcycle, and a few trips in the smart, it has plenty of room. Upgraded lights ans wiring, wheel bearings (got rid of the cheap low quality ones) and bearing buddies. Tires are good, 1 7\8 hitch, cargo box is sealed and does not leak in rain storms and such. Also can remove the cargo box and haul Kayaks, or build a set of walls and haul stuff too. Needs paint job, you can spray it to match your car! Includes extra straps (2)

$250 or ??

Located in Red Wing, Mn

http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33041&stc=1&d=1503678873

http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33049&stc=1&d=1503678873

http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33057&stc=1&d=1503678873

Attachments

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
i'd almost be interested if my 453 had a hitch.... and if i didn't live so far away. Wish i could find something like that with roof rack type rails going across so i can put mounts made for roof racks on it and haul my paddle board around. Though... i feel like towing a 12' long paddle board on a trailer behind a Smart would look a little ridiculous.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I'd seriously be interested in this too, but if I were to take my Smart ED to pick it up, it'd take me two weeks to get home. . .

How much does the trailer weight just by itself?

·
17,479 Posts
Aw man, if only it weighed 1,000 pounds...I'd be all over that thing like rust on a Ford Escape!

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
from what I can tell, shipping weight of trailer without the floor, and carrier is about 150 lbs, figure maybe 30 lbs for the floor and carrier... Max weight (capacity) says 1200 lbs...
with it connected to the hitch, I can easily lift it and move it sideways... I don't think I am that strong.

·
Registered
63 Posts
You can probably purchase a small trailer from Harbor Freight or Northern Tools that would work. In the 80's I purchased a small new trailer for AutoZone for $80. Not sure what cost is now.

MLogan
2014 Passion
Smyrna, TN

·
17,479 Posts
I wish U-Haul sold their old cargo trailers at end of life. I'd buy a 5x8 just to tow around for fun!

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wonder what they do with their old trailers. I have seen their trucks for sale, but i don't recall ever seeing any trailers. I am looking for a new 5 x 10 to replace my old one. I guess they only last for 35 some years.

·
Registered
729 Posts
If uhaul would sell their trailers I'd want the sport trailer. Made a great trailer from Florida to California behind my Pontiac vibe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
922 Posts
The missus nixed the idea of getting the trailer. "Another thing we have to sell or move when we move. . ." says the boss. She's right, of course, but the trailer would still be a cool thing to have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mighty nice for trips as it gives you lots of room for lawn chairs, coolers, suitcases, etc. Being sealed keeps things dry if you hit rain or any road debris (dust and such)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts