Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shot these pix's in Boone N.C. May 5,2006, Just saw one on the road in Charlotte, Don't know too much about it. All Battery power!!

Who made it?
p1nball:cool:

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
That's the Myers Motors' NMG (formerly known as the Corbin Sparrow). The Sparrow used to go for less than $15K, but after Myers bought the Sparrow and fixed several critical issues with it, the MSRP went up to nearly $30K.

Welcome to Myers Motors : Transform Your Driving. Transform Your World

Checked out the site after you did your link.

Here is the specs on it:

OneCARE SMARTManuals

OMG. It only goes ~45miles on a charge. Bump that. I stay with my smart. And Smart seems a bit safer to me. Might as well get a motorcycle. Same safety on that and better milage.:D

·
Registered
499 Posts
I saw one just like it in Highland, IN. this past Saturday. Very interesting but longer than it looks in the pictures.

How did he ever get enough speed to get up the hills to Boone?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I works on te Hills

I saw one just like it in Highland, IN. this past Saturday. Very interesting but longer than it looks in the pictures.

How did he ever get enough speed to get up the hills to Boone?

He stated it was a problem!! I did take off pretty well, from a stop.
p1nball

·
Registered
6 Posts
He ststed it was a problem!! I did take off pretty well, fom a stop.
p1nball
Hi....I had one of those! (along with a buddy of mine who owned 2. All were Corbin's version). It had plenty of power but its range was limited to about 25ish miles. Pushing that would destroy battery packs. It was a neat little car but was plagued with electronic/battery problems. When Corbin pulled the plug on it, Myers Motors gave it a shot.
IMO...unless you are an electronics guru/engineer ..stay away.
Rbt in Mke
Smart Car
57 Isetta
01 Insight
05 Gas Hog
07 Harley Ultra

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts

Here is the XR3 from RQRiley. It is a hybrid that one can build oneself.

Not being a builder of things (unless it is like a computer case), I would rather wait till it is sold whole but that might be on the expensive side. :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts