Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
house row boat?

And it has an outboard, I wonder how fast it can go with it? :D
Actually it is propelled by oars that poke through either side of the housing so that one can row while inside. :cool: If one watches the video, it shows the oars and the captain rowing. :D

·
17,353 Posts
Actually it is propelled by oars that poke through either side of the housing so that one can row while inside. :cool: If one watches the video, it shows the oars and the captain rowing. :D
Piccy also shows outboard, maybe for when arms get tired or paddling doesn't work?

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
Seems a little top heavy. I'd sure hate to get hit by a barge in one of them. I bet it gets great mileage. How much does one of them cost? Does he take it on the open water? If there's an outboard, is it electric?

·
17,353 Posts
The picture I posted shows an outboard (I'm guessing it's there for rough seas, emergencies, when Kacy gets tired, etc.), but you're not the only one that thinks it's top heavy...Just the video showing it in roughly calm seas has it bobbing about almost dangerously...

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think it was more of an art project than a practical house boat. It is like the trike house that he also had built.

It was probably more to see if it could be done than building one for actual use. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts