Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

New to this site. Just purchased a 2013 passion and excited! The vehicle came with standard radio but not the in dash nav. I found a listing on ebay for the smart 2014 OEM nav from UK that looks like it would fit. It says it is "plug and play" and doesn't come with wiring. Is the 2013 passion capable of accepting this (it appears to be bosch.smart) and if so how would I install? Thanks!!

:D

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Yes, but you'll need the GPS antenna that comes with it. I believe the factory wiring harness is also different in the radio area, so if I were you I'd pass. Might as well buy an aftermarket navi unit that provides more features for the same or less $$. It's a much easier install IMO.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The nav looks like 451 though. I thought they changed in 453 to tom tom? It appears the 453 started July 2014? Maybe was right before?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I thought was SD card the maps that could be downloaded and updated?
Don''t count on that. The last time I inquired at the smart dealer about updating the nav map the smart tech told me the download and install instructions were all in German and the maps were the same as what was currently in the vehicles. Besides that, European radio frequencies are different than domestic frequencies. I would pass on it. It's a long return if it does not work, assuming they would take it back.

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,767 Posts
Without the wiring harness and proprietary plugs, this could be a challenging install . . .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I went ahead and ordered it as its still several hundred dollars cheaper than a good after market. It looks like it has tele nav maps NA from 1012-13 installed so I'll let you all know how it works out!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Best of luck with your install. I actually really like my highline HU with the surround sound.

Just remember to change the nav off of easy or you'll never get most of the features. (Took me 3 months to realize that.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts