Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, want to replace the front rotors and pads on my 451. Looking for quality set in both rotors and pads. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2015 smart Fortwo Passion Coupe
17 Posts
Smarts4you and Smart Madness both trust EBC pads and Smart Madness seems to trust EBC rotors. Rockauto claims that PowerStop and Bendix pads and rotors are popular. You could also go with Bosch which, if I'm correct, is OEM.

Personally, I would pick whatever is cheap and from a brand I trust, but I would buy it from Rockauto. It seems to be much cheaper there. They also sell "Rotor and Brake pad Kits" which is just a kit with matched pads and rotors.

Reactions: Jo e Lefors

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
If you go with any brake pads. Be sure they are ceramic ones. No brake dust. I use EBC green stuff when I replace the OEM Bosch. They were really good brakes. They squealed, when wet. Really dirty brakes too. That when I changed out for ceramic ones. You could try the EBC red stuff pads. They are ceramic. I have them on my Abarth. Very little dust.

·
Registered
560 Posts
BrakeBest from O'Reilly. Middle of the road for quality and cost. Holding up good after 25k.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts